Will this laptop work for the sims 3+expansions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

maiya3694

Great
Apr 4, 2018
Ok, so I am looking to buy a new laptop (spoilers, I am not an expert) and I wanted to make sure I could play sims 3 on in before I got it. So can someone please check this computer out and tell me if it will run sims 3 smoothly? I had and old windows version before and it crashed every 30 min. Someone please help me!

Computer I am interested in:
“HP Pavilion Laptop PC Notebook, Intel Core i3-7100U, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 15.6" HD touchscreen, DVD-Writer, Card Reader, WIFI, Bluetooth, Windows 10”

I am willing to get a desktop also, but laptop would be more convienent. My budget is nothing above $520 American dollars.

Solution
Any of those will run it. All the ones you mentioned. But no one can guaranty that it won't crash the system. Especially if you use hacks, cheats, additional components, etc. Any program can crash any system if it isn't working correctly. In the end you will just have to choose and work from there.

I run my SIMS 3 on a desktop and it still crashes sometimes. I have a lot of stuff in there.

maiya3694

Great
Apr 4, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from maiya3694 : "Sims 3. Will this laptop work?"

I have most all the expansions for the sims 3 and 4.