Win an Apple Watch from Tom's Guide!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacEwenChris

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I would love to use the notification features of the watch like when it tells you you left your lights on by accident . The crown feature is excellent as well and it is handy to be able to use fitness trackers also . I guess I'd use it for everything . It better be robust . If I win I 'll use it to its maximum potential . Of course having one will allow me to really explore all its features .

mggy

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
i am gonna use fitness app most often. heart rate apps,checking notification on the the watch without taking out cellphone.excited about receiving calls from watch.

xprez78

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
i plan to use the Apple Watch for health and fitness purposes

i am likely to use its built-in Activity and Workout app most often

The outfit that i plan to wear ( when going out on the town ) to match the watch is a white polo shirt & a pair of blue jeans

i plan to download Lifesum to keep track of the food and water i have had during the day. The other apps i plan to download is Mint Personal Finance to keep track of my financial records ( spending, saving etc )

i am excited about awesome new feature like digital crown because Apple introduces new uses to it as it can be used
for zooming in and out of photos, or it can be used to return to the Home screen.

As for the force touch, it's an exciting feature as the screen of the watch can basically know where i am tapping and
how hard i am pressing. Moreover, it provides accesss to additional controls in certain apps.

p1xyn1xy

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I'll use it for functionality of a watch. But I also like the access to my calendar and music.
I really like that it has a built in HR monitor system. Does anyone know if it is also a pedometer? I would probably use the fitness app the most. I like bright colours so the colours of the sport watch appeal to me. But I probably will like the blue the best. The rest of the features sound cool, but I'd have to wait and see it in action before I voice an opinion on it.

Angie Stevens

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I am planning on giving the watch to my boyfriend who will take advantage of all of the apps and functions. I am sure it will look great on him and match everything he wears.

newfiechic

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
My plans for the watch would be to track my fitness. I want to know how many calories I am burning, if I should be moving more, etc. I would wear it with everything. The watch looks so good that it would pair nicely with any outfit.

Mandojim

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
As a Referee - I can time the match, coordinate assignments, check the schedules, check the weather, locate the fields, post the scores, find the school and team representatives, monitor my fitness during the match, and look up rules of play.

sparky353

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I quit smoking almost 6 months ago. On the road to better health I joined a gym about 2 months ago. I would utilize the fitness and health apps to their fullest potential to track my progress. I have a fitness program and the watch would be an extremely great partner to manage the data, not to mention I could listen to workout music on it as well. I am also a general watch fanatic, have always loved them and would never leave the house without a watch on, adding tech to it just makes my day!!

The Apple Watch requires an iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.2 or later.

Leave a comment and tell us how you're going to use the watch. What functionality will you use most often? What outfit will you match it with when you go out on the town? Which apps are you planning on downloading? Why are you excited about awesome new features like force touch and the digital crown?

d3bbi3zs

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
What functionality will you use most often? The alarm to remind hubby of stuff cos he has terrible memory and doesnt like me nagging. So I wont nag - the watch will What outfit will you match it with when you go out on the town? I reckon hubby will rrock and roll in matching velour track suits Preferbly in a vivid pinkWhich apps are you planning on downloading? Any that wil help hubby find stuff and keep track of time, what meds he needs to take and wander around the house every half hour as the dr has told him to Why are you excited about awesome new features like force touch and the digital crown? Just reading it is excting so would love to ramble on and on telling hubby about the cool features and sound knowledgeable

AAnkeney

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
As I approach the first semester of medical school, I am actively seeking strategies to ensure my success and will use the Apple Watch to help do this. I have been told over and over how important it is to stay organized. Having the Apple Watch will be the premiere option to do just that. The calender alerts, emails, and messages coming to my watch will allow me to stay up on what is going on around me without pulling out my phone.

It is also so easy in medical school to lose track of your own health in learning about everybody else's. Apple Watch will be among the most elite wearable devices with respect to keeping up with health and a constant reminder to not take for granted my own self. The built in activity and workout will assist in ensuring my own personal fitness and health. Additionally, I will be able to continue tracking my workouts with Nike +.

This wearable technology is innovative in so many different ways and as the first ground-up product from Apple since the iPad, it is sure to be a success. The crown is such a unique way to allow complete accessability on a small, wearable device. It allows so much function without being obtrusive and obnoxious on the wrist.

Barbara Hutcheson

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
*******I actually would love to win this for my teenage son! He says he would use it for texting. He would wear cool shorts/t shirt and his way cool moccasins. He is not sure what apps he will download and he says the functions are just plain "COOL"******

KipperKahn

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I would use it mostly for health features and such. But if i did win it i would give it to my wife, she is the apple nut in the family. :)

Dankiller99

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015
I would probabily use it everyday, but since it's a sports watch it would be really nice to have, since i can use it while running too!
Also, Force touch seems pretty neat

Cynthia Sosa

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

Cynthia Sosa

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015
Because I'm in love with the apple watch .. I'll wear it with everything... I will used it mostly for work, my fav app will be everything that have to be with work and family,and why I'm so excited about the apple watch? Are u kidding I have iPhone since the day Apple create the new iPhone I love iPhones and the creation of the new Apple watch is just awesomeeeeee I hope I win.. Cuz I'm a iPhone lover..Thanks Steve Job for create iPhones..,

Status
Not open for further replies.