Winamp Shoutcast online service does n't work?

bluenitepk-1296989

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
After end of Winamp support wondering if the connection to the Shoutcast in Winamp Library is already broken? Is there any substitution or plugin (for connection to a radio databases) when I want to use Winamp to continue? I don't mean web services, which is enough.
thanks for the tip
Peter

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I'm listening to Uncle Sams' Misguided Children radio right now, which is a Shoutcast station, using Winamp on my phone right now.
Tell us more about the equipment (phone or PC) you are using, and what error messages or other symptoms you are getting. Is there a network you need to log into first before you can access streaming content?

Zisisfadeout

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Same here for me guys.. I re-installed winamp and now "online services" gets error :
The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File Not Found
Winamp was able to connect to the server for this Online Service, however the service has returned an error indicating that the page requested can not be found. This may be caused by a broken link, or other problem with the Online Service.

Try Again

Any solutions? Thanks..

nukemaster

Distinguished
Winamp's own services may still be done until the new owner gets everything back up.

I guess you may have to try other channels. Maybe some did get hosted right from the nullsoft servers.

Since they got bought out, they are still restructuring the website. Once they are done, hopefully things will return to normal.

The channels I listen to have servers run by the channels or other third parties them selves and have not been effected. They are still running shoutcast for sure.

They still have a list of shoutcast servers here.
http://www.shoutcast.com/

Zisisfadeout

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014

The question is , how a friend of mine that has not re-installed winamp , can still use Online services normally and I cannot? Thats weird..

Zisisfadeout

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014

No no , winamp is trusted from my firewall.. :/

nukemaster

Distinguished
You know I just checked and also have no online services(never actually used it from the media library in years), but any Shoutcast from my playlist or Winamp site are working fine.

The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File Not Found
Winamp was able to connect to the server for this Online Service, however the service has returned an error indicating that the page requested can not be found. This may be caused by a broken link, or other problem with the Online Service.

Try Again
More
Service name: Online Services
Error code: 404
Url: http://client.winamp.com/services
Service id: 777
Client id:

I have had this installed for years. Tested multiple computers.

Maybe your friend has some kind of IE browser cache holding data because I do not have it on any computers(not that I ever used it that way in the past.).