Windows 10 creator update

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hi , I have just bought new HP Elitebook x360 which comes with Windows 10 pro , I found new windows version called Windows 10 Creators ,

So , Is it worthy to try it ?
Second thing if I updated my laptop will it still have HP pre´-installed apps that come with the laptop from the factory or all apps and drivers will be removed ?

Thank you !

Solution
1) The "Creators Update" is simply a big update that is AUTOMATICALLY applied to all Windows 10 versions (except the "S" variant likely).

2) No programs will be removed.

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017

this means all my pre-installed hp programs will be still installed ?

Thank you

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017

I thought it's an upgrade not update :D

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Microsoft changed their methodology with Windows 10. They do 2 significant upgrade/update per year and bug fixes/security fixes, etc generally monthly. With Windows 10, you have to do the upgrade/update. You can postpone it for a little while depending on the type of license you have. But, it ultimately will be installed whether you want it or not. This is sort of similar to the Android or iOS model where OS's are upgraded as a service.

The BIG UPGRADE/UPDATES have a rollback feature in case things go wrong (AFAIK) so you will see more C-drive space utilized. (You can remove that if you need to save space though I'd just leave it if space is not an issue).

Other than that just consider it an UPDATE. No programs get removed.

In other words, NO WORRIES!

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017

Thank you , I have made the update and it works fine with me , but there is issue comes up , HP Recovery manager tells that Windows Recovery environment ( using the HP recovery image ) is disabled due to this upgrade ! , so what should I do if I want in the future to make factory reset to my laptop using this image ?

USAFRet

Illustrious

You'd have to ask HP on that one.
There may be an update for that particular application?

And if so....that should give you the option of creating your own 'recovery' DVD set. If so, do that.
Label those disks and put them in a drawer for safekeeping.

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017

Thank you !

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017

mmm , after making the upgrade to 1703 build , HP recovery manager function is disabled to use the original HP Image USB drive that came with the laptop , in order to use it I have to roll back to my original build 1607 to use the system recovery option if my laptop goes wrong !
Honestly I updated to Creator build for 3 reasons : first I want to be up to date as I heard that when the next build will come the 1607 won't be supported anymore with updates and patches . and I'm afraid in future if they made higher windows version they may require payment for upgrade if you aren't using the latest build
2: I liked the new version of Microsoft edge have very good functionality and save my battery life during study
3: the updated windows defender , I think is better than one with 1607 build
So for these previous reasons due you think that I have to stay on this newer creator build ( however I'm not gamer to get benefit from these functionality or even the 3D app )
Thank you