Windows 10 Gaming Kinda Sucks, But Microsoft Can Fix It

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperMatrix

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
For what it's worth...Gears of War should run fine. I'm not sure what issues others are running into but at 2560x1440 resolution, using the 4k textures and everything maxed out, I got an average of 100fps on the in-game benchmark. Now, of course I wish it had SLI support. But other than that...I can't find any issues with it.

Rezeak

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Mircosoft making bad Windows games isn't a slight on how good Windows 10 is.

It is the best OS for gaming when compared to 7 or 8.1 and even back then Windows GFWL is as bad or worse as the current Xbone/Windows stuff.

Article has a point but going from the view point windows 10 is the problem is confusing i mean will using 7 or 8.1 fix the problems mentioned no.

Kinda, insulting in a way cause if you think about it Windows 10 was given out as a free upgrade meaning gamers didn't have to pay to get access to Directx 12 and performance wise games bench 0-10% higher on 10.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
makes you wonder if folks at M$ even 6 sigma. how did those mofo's present their business slides to their stakeholders? "here in this slide you can see, we made a platform so bad it'll be laughable for generations to come".

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I bought Gears of War 1 for PC some time ago and it runned perfect on a ATI 4850 (for the ancestors who still remember those times).
Now, with Win10, and DX12, and a beafy GPU, the game does not.

And then people call you skeptic when you say that its better to wait and see rather than jump on the new thing (it can be WIN10, a new pre-order game or even a new GPU).

I have to say I dont like where this article is going.
"It has potential?" What does that even mean?
Its an OS, of course Microsoft can make it better, even great. And when they do, Ill be first in line to buy it (well, probably not first, im a bit lazy).

DX12 so far is a mixed bag, in some cases it even gets worse benchmarks than DX11... and thats if the game has no compatibility issues.

Todd_17

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Why would they fix something that is no longer a part of their business model? Its no secret that the want to move all gaming to the console.

Kyle Hill

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Windows 7 is far better for gaming because it has D-Tools and Alcohol 120 percent!

Windows 7 has quite a bit of backwards compatibility as long as the game isn't too off the wall like most Dream Catcher Adventure games or Sim City 3 and 4 which came out at bad timing when computers were transitioning to 64 bit.

Most stuff on Windows 10 does not work unless it was designed for 8 though if all you do is Zombieville AKA: Farmville and play around with pictures all day then I guess Win 10 is for you.

Kyle Hill

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
I stopped reading past the word *X-box* as if the entire gaming industry should center in on it.

I enjoy Windows 7 for software and games that do not work on 10. Windows 7 plays most XP era software either right out of the box or with some tweaks.

Some games like certain EA titles *Sim City* were finicky because of the timing where computers were switching over to 64 bit but a lot of people still had old 32 bit PC's from the late 90s.

I have an old 64 bit computer from Blue Dragon Computers that is used only for old games as it's from 2005 when 64 bit started appearing and runs most stuff in that time period with no trouble.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 runs smooth as a cat purring while on Windows 7 all sorts of funny stuff happening and Windows 10 it doesn't even get past the install screen before getting stuck in a loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.