Windows 10 on a mac good or bad?

Dropment

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
I am planning to get a macbook pro before i got to college and i want to put windows 10 on it. I am used to windows already but i really like the build and trackpad of a mac. Any information on performance for web browsing, videos, and notes? I will not be playing games on it, I already have a system that i will be using for that.

Solution
Then I would suggest having a look at some good modern Windows laptops. They might be good enough for your needs. Apple is not the second coming.

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
"Now, the not so good news. You know how your Mac gets incredible battery life and has an amazing trackpad? They’re both so good because they’re optimized for use with OS X, which is tailored to work perfectly with a very specific set of hardware and is heavily optimised because of it. Windows, designed to run on lots of different hardware, is nowhere near as optimised, and it shows. You’ll most likely lose a few hours battery life running Windows — with some reports of a 50% reduction in battery life. Your mileage may vary, but it definitely doesn’t stand up to OS X.

Unfortunately, the trackpad doesn’t behave so well in Windows, either. While you can set up tap to click and two finger right clicking, it just doesn’t feel as nice as it does in OS X."

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/run-windows-10-natively-mac-good-bad-ugly/

Dropment

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
I've only had the windows laptops from early 2000's. I researched information about the lg gram, dell xps 13, razer blade stealth but never got to try them out

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Then I would suggest having a look at some good modern Windows laptops. They might be good enough for your needs. Apple is not the second coming.

Solution