Windows 10 update messed up the playback on my headset

Pika__

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Before Windows 10 updated the sound in my Headset was fine, but now after the update whenever anything plays out of my headset the audio is weird distorted and staticy. When I unplug the headset and listen through the speakers the audio is fine. I also plugged my headset into a different computer and they were fine. I have RealTek audio drivers, idk if Win 10 just hates those drivers or what.

- I tried reinstalling drivers
- My laptop also runs windows 10 and it works fine on there

Lutfij

Splendid
You will need to relay the make and model of your audio equipment and essentially state how the speakers and your headphones were/are connected to your system. It seems like the headphones are USB driven while the speakers rely on the analog ports off back which are powered by the Realtek audio chip.

Pika__

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

My headset is a Sennheiser PC 350 SE, which and gets its audio from the Realtek Audio Chip from 3.5mm jack in my MSI B150 M3 motherboard. My speakers are different they are built into my Asus VG248QE monitor, which is connected to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card, so it doesn't use the Realtek Audio.