Question Windows 10 WiFi issues

Jan 26, 2020
Hi. Recently I have had troubles connecting to the Internet on my Asus f540la laptop. I think I have narrowed down the problem to my network adapters. On the device manager I expand the network adapters option and there seem to be no wireless adapter there. I've downloaded my laptops latest network adapter drivers and they still aren't there. All the tutorials online have a perfect description of my problem but all the fixes include locating my wireless network adapter. Any help? I start school in a week and I'm pretty desperate.

Starting with the embarrassingly simple things to try. Is there a Function key with a wi-fi icon printed on? If it's not the only icon on that, see if holding down the Fn key and that Function key at the same time.

It's also possible there's a small switch somewhere on the case and that may turn on you wireless capability.

When you can see the wifi icon in the tray beside the time and date in the bottom right of your screen, you can choose to use it or leave off.

Jan 26, 2020
Starting with the embarrassingly simple things to try. Is there a Function key with a wi-fi icon printed on? If it's not the only icon on that, see if holding down the Fn key and that Function key at the same time.

It's also possible there's a small switch somewhere on the case and that may turn on you wireless capability.

When you can see the wifi icon in the tray beside the time and date in the bottom right of your screen, you can choose to use it or leave off.
My laptop fn + f2 feature is airplane mode and Ive tried that. There's no physical switch on the side either. Any other suggestions?

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
Looking thru Asus downloads I see a separate driver for the wireless adapter. Is that the adapter you've installed, sorry if I'm confused since there are two.
If that is installed and you still have no wireless icon on task bar, make sure all your services are started ( stopping a couple of services will break the WiFi)