Windows 10 wont complete installation on Toshiba Satellite laptop

Feb 23, 2018
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite C55D - C5106 and I installed updates on it. But when it starts up and gets to the 'Toshiba Leading Innovation' screen with the loading circle, a white 'Install Windows' box pops up that says 'Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation'. I hit enter and it restarts to the same screen. Can this be solved?

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I have looked at two of these systems before, one broke because of a old touch pad driver, the other broke because of a old realtek card reader driver.
looks like there are new drivers for both here:
https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200011330&osId=26

initially, I disabled the devices in BIOS and plugged in a mouse then applied the updated drivers and reenabled the hardware in BIOS so the system would boot correctly.

note: this is just a guess since there was not enough detail to figure out what the problem was from your description.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I have looked at two of these systems before, one broke because of a old touch pad driver, the other broke because of a old realtek card reader driver.
looks like there are new drivers for both here:
https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200011330&osId=26

initially, I disabled the devices in BIOS and plugged in a mouse then applied the updated drivers and reenabled the hardware in BIOS so the system would boot correctly.

note: this is just a guess since there was not enough detail to figure out what the problem was from your description.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 5
xAn9ryM0nk3yx Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
Div0ne Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 9