windows 7 stuck at black screen in lenovo G50-70

Vishal_8

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015
I had windows 8 in a pretty bad condition so i installed windows 7 ultimate 64x from my D :/ drive from its setup.
It said it "windows will create a folder named "windows.old" that would keep all the file of the previous os.
The installation started in C:/ drive and everything went well.
The language and country selection menu came up till then it was going good.
After the selection in a few minutes my laptop restarted and from then it is stuck on black screen with a blinking " _ " on the top left of the screen.
The cursor is nt visible nothing could be done.
Tried to change the boot priorities to 1) cd/dvd 2) HDD 3)network .
Even this didnt work and the same black screen again.
Tried one key recovery ( lenovo)
Recovery option didnt work and still stuck on the same black screen.

Solution
Hi,

See if you can load BIOS again then reset it to default by pressing on F9. Reboot the laptop and check if it would continue the recovery process. If it doesn't work, remove the HDD then boot the laptop up and see if you'll get any error message on a black screen and if you do install the HDD back then boot it back up. If it get's stuck on the same screen with just the blinking cursor it could be your HDD that failed already. Last thing you may want to try is to do a complete factory reset using a recovery disc from Lenovo but the consequence of it is everything will be wiped out when you run it.
Hi,

See if you can load BIOS again then reset it to default by pressing on F9. Reboot the laptop and check if it would continue the recovery process. If it doesn't work, remove the HDD then boot the laptop up and see if you'll get any error message on a black screen and if you do install the HDD back then boot it back up. If it get's stuck on the same screen with just the blinking cursor it could be your HDD that failed already. Last thing you may want to try is to do a complete factory reset using a recovery disc from Lenovo but the consequence of it is everything will be wiped out when you run it.

Solution