windows 7 usb install

eazyh

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
Hi

How do i use my windows 7 professional cd and turn it into a usb version so i can install it via usb onto my new itx build which has no cd drive? Thanks :)

Solution

Buy it from Amazon.
You can use the DVD they send you and create an ISO file from it. Many applications can do that. ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, etc.
Then use the ISO to create a bootable USB with the tool in the above link.
Boot and install.
Activate with the license key they give you

Or:
Buy from Amazon
This will include a license key
Download the relevant ISO file from the above link
Create a bootable USB
Boot and install
Activate with the key Amazon sends you.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Get the ISO here. http://www.askvg.com/direct-download-links-download-official-original-and-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/

Just make sure its the same version that you have

And you have a valid key

Then use rufus to extract the ISO to a flash drive http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Once it finishes boot from it

eazyh

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
ok i can install the usb version but how do i obtain a license key?? amazon.co.uk will sell me the install cd with the licence, so i was asking how i turn the install cd they send into a usb version ? hope u understand

madsmagnus

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

We don't know if eazyh has OEM or Retail version. If you have Retail version you will be able to transfer your OS to any new system without any halts. If you have OEM version, you can by agreement not move your license to another machine. You can however call Microsoft and complain to them once you get the "Please activate your license" notification - and they might let you.. So I have heard.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Buy it from Amazon.
You can use the DVD they send you and create an ISO file from it. Many applications can do that. ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, etc.
Then use the ISO to create a bootable USB with the tool in the above link.
Boot and install.
Activate with the license key they give you

Or:
Buy from Amazon
This will include a license key
Download the relevant ISO file from the above link
Create a bootable USB
Boot and install
Activate with the key Amazon sends you.

Solution