ChrisJacob

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello,
I just bought a generic plug and play webcam. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. How do I install? Do I need to download any webcam software?

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention. :D

Well. you need drivers for it. Mostly they come with the hardware. Some hardware need to have the drivers installed before or while installing the software when you plugin. When it's while the drivers will be installed, the program will aks you for it.

My guess is that yours don't need the per-installation of the drivers.

you can do the next:

Go to the firms website and look for drivers/software/support, than you have to fill in a form. Ad this form or ad the Home page, look for automatic update or detection.

Than you only have to follow the instructions and your done.

What I would recommend, is that you create a restore point before installing anything.

Go to the firms website and look for drivers/software/support, than you have to fill in a form.

It might ask you the next stuff:
Windows version and maybe x32 or x 64 (how to find out: left click ad Start, right click ad Computer or My Computer, left click ad proporsions and a window will be opened, here you find all the information you need.

What kind of hardware? Cam, etc.

What is the model: mostly a name

What type: numbers and/or letters

Press Next/Enter and you will be guided to the website where you will find the drivers/software you need. When lucky, additional software and/or specifications and/or a manual download.

Go to:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Website+for+detecting+my+hardware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

:eek: :pt1cable: :D

There you will find website links where you can have the website check your system and guide you to the needed software and updates too.

Download them, create a restore point and install them.

Or,

Just plugin the hardware and try to install the driver while online.

When it didn't install correctly, go to hardware (Start/right click Computer/My Computer/left click Proporsion and than ad the left upper corner Hardware Management or something similar to it.

Find the Cam, might be ad USB. Click on it and let it have de driver updated.

Restart and give it a go!

There are a lot of free software for your cam ad the net, but if you don't need it, just don't install it, keeps the register clean.

No matter what you do, always restart your computer after an installation! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte