Windows 7 wont load after showing Toshiba logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Sykes

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
I have a Toshiba satellite p750-114. I turn my laptop on and the Toshiba logo shows like normal after this the screen goes dark like normal but it won't load anything after that. It will stay black and if left will eventually restart. I cant launch in safe mode but i can get to Aptio Setup Utility.
I haven't installed anything before this and i had a normal shut down last time i shut it down.
Its running Windows 7 and has Intel i7, if that helps. I will happily provide more info if needed.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Solution
If you can get to the bios, check and see if your HDD is set as the first boot device. If it isn't then make it the first boot device. If that doesn't fix the problem, look for sata settings to see if it's set to AHCI or IDE. Try changing whatever it is set to currently to the opposite and see if windows loads. If none of the above works your hard drive may of failed completely. :(

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
If you can get to the bios, check and see if your HDD is set as the first boot device. If it isn't then make it the first boot device. If that doesn't fix the problem, look for sata settings to see if it's set to AHCI or IDE. Try changing whatever it is set to currently to the opposite and see if windows loads. If none of the above works your hard drive may of failed completely. :(

Solution

Harry Sykes

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Thank you Sincreator!! I went into SATA settings and changed it from AHCI to compatible and tried it again and it allowed me to log on properly. I have no idea why it was set to AHCI or why it become a problem but I'm very grateful this worked. Thank you

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

No problem. I've noticed recently that a few people have been having this problem. I'm not sure what is causing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.