Windows 8.1 Not Installing

jordanholmesuk

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
I'm trying to install Windows 8.1, I have the full copy, product key, disc etc... It gets up to Installing Updates and doesn't do anything.

Solution
OK, I just did some thinking on this and I think I know your problem. Try installing your new OS with your laptop connected to the internet using an ethernet connection. Since your are being stalled at the point of updates, then maybe there is a wi fi issue holding up the install.

Report back.
D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from jordanholmesuk : "Windows 8.1 Not Installing"

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
There should be no drivers on the disc. So you bought the PC with Windows on it and then you wiped the disc and now you have a laptop that is a brick and you are trying to install Windows back on to it? Where did you get the Windows 8.1 disc and what does it look like? Is it a home made disc? What OS came on this system before you wiped it?

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
A lot of older PCs will not load Windows from a USB stick. If your laptop is a brick then you are having BIOS issues. Take the back off of the laptop and take the CMOS battery out and then reset it after you discharge all of the stored energy. Make sure that you take out the regular battery and unplug the computer first.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
OK, I just did some thinking on this and I think I know your problem. Try installing your new OS with your laptop connected to the internet using an ethernet connection. Since your are being stalled at the point of updates, then maybe there is a wi fi issue holding up the install.

Report back.

Solution