Windows 8 trouble with a ASUS laptop

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I have a X452C
It came with windows 8 I decided to upgrade it with windows 8.1 and it was succsfull after a week it automatically downloaded an update so I shut it down for the night

The next morning voila it wont boot the windows 8 anymore
only works on safe mode with or without networking

I tried to go to recovery (f9) and use the restart and refresh option it says the recovery partition is missing and it is locked respectively

System restore wont work also

I tried booting it with a usb which has win 8 pro but it says that the partition is in gpt format and can not install it

I tried making the usb into uefi mode when i boot it up with this mode it just goes to black screen like it usually does when I boot it up normally (used rufus GPT for uefi)

If I use mbr bios cant see my usb although it boot up to the windows installation if I use GPT bios can see it but when I boot from usb black screen

I have extraceted my embedded product key and tried to download windows 8 from MS but when i input the product key it says it will not work with this retail option

Im on a short fuse here anyone can help me with this? or do I just pirate this shit and get it over with??

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I went to asus service center and they say no warranty on software only hardware and are charging me 40 dollars

I said fk that I will just pirate it

Now I formated my HDD installed windows 8 enterprise
tried the product key that i extracted from the bios

It says your product key works but when i hit continue it says it will not work with this version of windows

anyone have any suggestions? I really want to use this product key