Solved! Windows 98 on usb no taskbar or icons

Aug 19, 2021
so I have windows 98 on a usb and I got it with free dos but I installed windows 98 on the usb and I know it is finished but no there was no taskbar or icons I used ctrl alt del but it says system is busy then it said warning but I fixed the blue screen I put the files these were the files shdocvw.dll and regsvr32.exe but the issue still has not been fixed

Solution
Time to move on. Why would you want to run Win 98? Is there a particular need? It is no longer a secure system for use on the internet. If you have some need to run old software without the internet, it would probably be fine.

I never tried to run Win98 from a flash drive, but saw several internet posts on how to do this. I searched on "run win98 from a flash drive" and got a lot of hits.
Time to move on. Why would you want to run Win 98? Is there a particular need? It is no longer a secure system for use on the internet. If you have some need to run old software without the internet, it would probably be fine.

I never tried to run Win98 from a flash drive, but saw several internet posts on how to do this. I searched on "run win98 from a flash drive" and got a lot of hits.

Solution