Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt

Natsam

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
When you try booting the laptop it reads on the screen "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt" what do I do to get it done.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Pop in your Windows DVD recovery disc , when see the screen offering to install Windows on the bottom left shouldbe option to repair, command prompt and type "chkdsk" to repair windows.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Pop in your Windows DVD recovery disc , when see the screen offering to install Windows on the bottom left shouldbe option to repair, command prompt and type "chkdsk" to repair windows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 15
J Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 9
S Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Windows 10 not starting up shows black screen on my connex laptop slim book 2. Only power light is on
Question Tobisha satealite windows 7 forgot password cannot start in safe mode.. virus?
Question Windows starts last played media automatically
Solved! HP Compaq nx6125 - Windows failed to start - boot configuration data error
Solved! I did system restore on windows 10 acer laptop won't start has blue screen with error mgs
Lenevo thinkpad won’t start up
Internal HDD turned external, won't start Windows
Solved! Laptop stuck on start up screen
My laptops started glitching
Solved! Apps are not coming after the laptop starts, screen is coming but unable to click the windows button also and main application
I have a acer aspire windows 7 computer. Keeps reading press f2 to start. Won't move past
Lenovo y50-70 doesn't start
asus laptop with black screen starts itself when plug in the power cable
Task bar and windows start screen not working..
I was installing windows 10 in my windows 8 lenevo E 49 laptop and due toh charging issue it turned off now when i m starting
my acer aspire e15 es1-512-c78t screen will not work at start up during the bias system screens then works once windows starts
What does the windows product key start with how many numerals
acer laptop wont start after windows update
My Toshiba Satalitte 855 started with the error "Bootmgr is missing" How do I fix it
When you try booting the laptop it reads on the screen "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corru

ASK THE COMMUNITY