Solved! windows deleted can't reinstall

Feb 5, 2019
i purchased Asus T100TA from new running windows 8, a couple of years ago i updated to the free windows 10 upgrade without any problems.
Due to a lack of space on these machines i deleted all backup copies of windows 8.
my computer has now crashed and as a last resort i went through the reset to factory settings option which after about 2 hours stopped and gave me a black screen.
it now seems that windows 10 has been removed as well meaning i can't reset to anything.
presumably i now have to boot up from a usb with a copy of windows 8 {i believe my activation code is on the motherboard}
if this is correct how i do that?
Thank you in advance i am totally lost with this and envisage a trip to the computer shop.

Solution
If you've upgraded to Windows 10, that's what you need to install (and it should be associated with your Microsoft account, so you shouldn't need a key, which you'll be unable to recover easily now). You're going to need to use another computer and use the Windows Media Creation Tool on their website to make a flash drive that can install Windows.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
If you've upgraded to Windows 10, that's what you need to install (and it should be associated with your Microsoft account, so you shouldn't need a key, which you'll be unable to recover easily now). You're going to need to use another computer and use the Windows Media Creation Tool on their website to make a flash drive that can install Windows.

Solution