Windows i5 or Macbook Pro Retina i5

TDarrell9

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new laptop, I am willing to spend the extra for a Macbook Pro due to the quality and the new OS for me compared to Windows, but if i could get a Windows for probly under £500 for similar or better performance than the Mac than i would probly consider the Windows because of the saving in money thanks UK please prices stores etc

Thanks

Solution
If everything else in your house is an iDevice then you will have better integration of devices and there is something to gain there.

If you are only looking at mac book pro due to perceived quality then just get a good core i5 pc from Lenovo or Asus.
Apple makes quality products but their pedestal is all due to the masses. They go out and buy the $200 laptop on black Friday special and who could have guessed it, its a cheap piece of junk. So because the dell (or whatever the oem is) they got with windows on it was junk then all PCs must be a piece of junk. While the 4-6x more expensive Mac is high quality thus the only logical conclusion is that has nothing to with money spent, just that PC = bad and Mac = quality.
If everything else in your house is an iDevice then you will have better integration of devices and there is something to gain there.

If you are only looking at mac book pro due to perceived quality then just get a good core i5 pc from Lenovo or Asus.
Apple makes quality products but their pedestal is all due to the masses. They go out and buy the $200 laptop on black Friday special and who could have guessed it, its a cheap piece of junk. So because the dell (or whatever the oem is) they got with windows on it was junk then all PCs must be a piece of junk. While the 4-6x more expensive Mac is high quality thus the only logical conclusion is that has nothing to with money spent, just that PC = bad and Mac = quality.

Solution

TDarrell9

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014

Hi, i have no real requirements, just ive always wanted a Macbook for the looks and OS
like iMovie which would come handy for some editing videos, web browsing etc.

I would prefer to experience Mac OS as i have never had one :)

TDarrell9

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014

I am a Android mobile user lol, however i do like Mac OS, looks simple and crisp, However, i cannot find a windows laptop 13inch which is small and weights similar to Mac Pro. Only really is Surface Pro but im not a huge fan as really this is a Tablet, i would rather sit down and use it as a laptop then use a touch screen.