Solved! Windows not installing on my laptop but installing on another laptop with the same hdd

Jan 24, 2019
So my windows is not installing on my main laptop, but when i switched the hdd from my laptop to my friends laptop i can install it, on my laptop it usually stays stuck at 0% and with a diffrent version of windows 10 it says windows can't format a partition on disk 0, can i install w10 on my hdd from my friends laptop and just put the hdd back on my laptop (without getting bsoded) ? and why is windows not installing on my laptop ? i am thinking of a motherboard problem but i am not sure

Solution
It's a definite NO!! to the scheme of installing on your hard disk in another laptop. It will fail bigtime when you put it back in your own. It won't activate for starters and the hardware won't match.

You could slave it to your friend's laptop if you have a caddy with the right cables, then you could format the disk and get rid of the problem with the Partition.

Search on e-Bay for the 2.5" hard drive caddy and make sure you can see a three ended cable - 2 USB plugs plus the connecor that goes into the caddy. A double ended ctable can't power the drive and ship data at the same time.
It's a definite NO!! to the scheme of installing on your hard disk in another laptop. It will fail bigtime when you put it back in your own. It won't activate for starters and the hardware won't match.

You could slave it to your friend's laptop if you have a caddy with the right cables, then you could format the disk and get rid of the problem with the Partition.

Search on e-Bay for the 2.5" hard drive caddy and make sure you can see a three ended cable - 2 USB plugs plus the connecor that goes into the caddy. A double ended ctable can't power the drive and ship data at the same time.

Solution