Windows on my laptop

jimbob118

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I have the windows product key but i wish to do a clean install or wipe the laptop, how can i if possible do this without having to take it to the shop because if not i wont bother!! any help much appreciated

Solution
All you need is either the factory restore partition (as Dogsnake pointed out) or a Windows disc. Most computer manufacturers do not provide Windows discs, so you would need to obtain a copy that corresponds to your serial key if you do not want to use the factory recovery.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Many Laptops have a restore partition that will re-install the os and all drivers putting the computer in a state that it was "out of the box" that is reset to factory defaults. What version of windows are you using and do you have the installation disc for it? Also post the model and brand so that you can get the correct procedure to reset the system.

All you need is either the factory restore partition (as Dogsnake pointed out) or a Windows disc. Most computer manufacturers do not provide Windows discs, so you would need to obtain a copy that corresponds to your serial key if you do not want to use the factory recovery.

Solution