Windows Phone 7 May Arrive in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Why are US companies releasing devices overseas now all of a sudden first?... First its the Dell Streak phone screw up and now this. Maybe I should move to Europe now since they are getting all the good stuff first or at least some nice devices before we do. Hell France has the damn Streak and we get nothing nada, I'm just going to live in a hole and be a hermit and use sign language to talk to someone!

You seem bitter.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Why are US companies releasing devices overseas now all of a sudden first?... First its the Dell Streak phone screw up and now this. Maybe I should move to Europe now since they are getting all the good stuff first or at least some nice devices before we do. Hell France has the damn Streak and we get nothing nada, I'm just going to live in a hole and be a hermit and use sign language to talk to someone![/citation]

I like it this way, they are like a testing market and should find any issues before the devices reach the US.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Why are US companies releasing devices overseas now all of a sudden first?... First its the Dell Streak phone screw up and now this. Maybe I should move to Europe now since they are getting all the good stuff first or at least some nice devices before we do. Hell France has the damn Streak and we get nothing nada, I'm just going to live in a hole and be a hermit and use sign language to talk to someone![/citation]

Mainly due to the regulations. Its just like with cars. Why does Ford produce 4 door sedans in Australia that push as much power to the wheels as a Porsche Turbo and we can barley get a Mustang that can?

Regulations. Here in the US, there are much harder regulations to pass through.

Either way, as long as we get the same thing who cares.

Plus its adding more competition and if Microsoft does this phone OS right it could help to dent Apple.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It's too bad that Windows Phone 7 was outdated feature-wise 6+ months before it was even released. iOS 4.0 has more features. Come on Microsoft. I'm hoping you are hiding the multi-tasking and other features for a surprise unveiling.

G

wow, what a bunch of haters on here... so pathetic!

did android start with all those apps? did ios start with all those apps? here is a hint to all you moron, they started off with 0 and apple took a few months before they had anything.

one idiot said "if ms didn't have a stranglehold on desktop os they would be done".. i guess you forgot office? how about their dominance with xbox and they got into that game many years after it was established.

troller listen up, MS got into the smatphone game after handspring/palm owned 90% and they owned 90% a couple of years later. what makes you think that a company with all their knowledge in the os business would not get back in it?

it takes alot of idiocy and hate to think MS will not get back into the dominating role once again. Look at apple when it owned the pc market until MS got in it.. 'nough said, now go back to school!

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
sit2k, people enjoy hating and the internet is a spawning ground for the cesspool of morons that do.

I just acquired a windows mobile phone and I like it a lot. iphone? feh... I doubt I'll ever own an apple product. fanboyism? I suppose...brand and mark me but all the negative press apple receives is going to lead to their doom anyways..isn't my fault.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]hiruu[/nom]They lost me at AT&T...that's not going to happen for me.[/citation]
If you want THE network you definitely want AT&T. If you want a marketing company you want Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.