Windows Phone 8 Gets Official Pandora App

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantwar

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
The Nokia Music mix radio app that come free with the lumia's is a far better service in my opinion. No ads and loads of content...this is a waste of time if your already using a Nokia WP device, and to be honest, the Lumia 920 is by far the best Windows Phone 8 device out there at the moment. (ex. samsung fan)

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]I've never heard of pandora? Is that new? /sarcasmYou would think a huge app like this would be ready at launch.[/citation]
It was promised at launch and I am not sure why it took them so long for it to come out.

At any rate, with web apps I am not entirely sure what the big deal is. I mean Pandora.com has always run great from day #1 on my Lumia 920. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the lack of commercials, but the app is no better than the website from a functionality perspective... and in fact does not have the full functionality of the website to begin with, so when the commercial free aspect stops in a year I will probably just revert back to the web page anyways.

Now if only we could get Data Sense up and running on ATT, and if we can get Wallet to be supported by banks so that I can use my phone for NFC payments. Especially the NFC payments thing, if that is not working by the time my contract is up then I will move to Android no matter how much I love the rest of my WP experience.

G

Youre a bit late, about 5 days ago i read about this elsewhere

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]grantwar[/nom]The Nokia Music mix radio app that come free with the lumia's is a far better service in my opinion. No ads and loads of content...this is a waste of time if your already using a Nokia WP device, and to be honest, the Lumia 920 is by far the best Windows Phone 8 device out there at the moment. (ex. samsung fan)[/citation]
The Lumia 822 isn't bad either if you're stuck with VZW for coverage/bundling reasons.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
As much as I love Windows Phone, Microsoft moves WAY too slow for a 21st century computer.

Somebody needs to sit everyone down at Microsoft and say "Release in three months, or you're out of a job." "Release any product that is not ABOVE the competition, and you're gone! No more 'me too'!" No exceptions, no excuses, no mercy. Strike one = you're out!

Status
Not open for further replies.