Windows wake problem

la55i

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Hey,

I don't know if this is the correct board for this thread but anyway, here is my problem:

When I put my laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up. When I put it to sleep the second time, it stays sleeping. I have no idea what wakes it up and why it always works the second time. I have checked the device manager and there shouldn't be any devices that can wake the laptop.
Any ideas?

1JpRMxPtxaRP1Tls-YtiHbhnpeOLi-bl4

la55i

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017

Nope. I went to the device manager and looked at the network adapter's power management settings and it doesn't have the permission to wake the laptop. I also went to the advanced tab and disabled the wake on magic packet and it didn't help.

The problem is there are so many different and conflicting options in Windows and nothing is clear. You can tell the system one thing in the Display options and it will be countermanded in the Power options - both in Control Panel.

Add in the Device Manager you've already covered and Task Scheduler in case something is happening. The Firewall could be the cause but so could some App or other which wants to be online all the time.

Next time it comes out of sleep early, hit Control Shift and Escape to bring up the Task Manager. Click on the heading of the CPU column and see what's using the most resources. That could be the culprit.

Sorry to be so negative but Microsoft have got us beaten on this one.

It would be worth running your anti-virus scans and possibly even MalwareBytes free version for a one-off scan.

la55i

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
I ran F-secure, MalwareBytes and CCleaner, those found nothing. Thanks for your help anyway :) I will keep working on this and will let you know if I manage to find a solution!

la55i

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
I checked the windows location settings and everything is turned off.
I use Chrome as my browser and it knows my location. I could try closing the browser before putting the laptop to sleep and see if it makes a difference but I doubt it.