Windows will not install TurtleBeach headset drivers

Rakow

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
I'm hoping someone here may be able to help with this issue I've been battling for 3 weeks now...

When I first plugged it in the audio worked fine but the Microphone would not function. After fiddling with the drivers and settings, Windows simply stopped recognizing the device as an audio unit. It will recognize it as a device, but with the yellow exclamation point and state that it does not have any drivers installed. Windows will attempt to automatically install drivers but each time it fails to locate or install any.
I tested the headset setup on other PCs in my house, and it runs perfectly fine on all of them, so I know for sure it is not a hardware issue.

The headset is supposed to run off Windows Generic USB Audio drivers, but it simply refuses to install them. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, changing USB ports, and locating solutions online but to no avail. I've also tried force-installing the Generic USB Audio drivers through Device Manager which will install the correct drivers but end up giving me a Code-10 (This device cannot start). I've also tried all these measures on the headset and transmitter separately; neither will work and both give the same result.

I've completely run out of ideas on how to fix this. It seems like my PC is simply hell-bent on not allowing this headset to run. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :(

Paul NZ

Admirable
You may have to use a USB 2 hub. Some of these headsets need more power than what the USB ports can supply

Theres a few posts in here with similar probs with headsets. The only way the drivers would install was if you plugged it into a hub

Rakow

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

My PC has USB 2.0 and was built by me only a few years ago.
I tried using various ports though without any differences.

Appreciate your response :)

Rakow

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

I'm not sure how that would be a solution to getting the drivers working though... the headset played audio fine with the current ports but didn't recognize the microphone... on all my other basic PCs it ran flawlessly.

I believe if it wasn't getting enough 'juice' it would simply fail to turn on.

Rakow

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

That seems very odd.
I'll check and see if my local radioshack has a powered USB hub for cheap so that I can test this theory out.

Rakow

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

It's a theory that using a powered USB hub will allow the drivers to install correctly when they otherwise wouldn't on my normal USB 2 ports on my desktop.

Again I'm not sure how lack of power being supplied to the headset would be the issue as it previously functioned through the existing ports.