wired or wireless headphone for cell phones

Ramachandran_3

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
hearing deficient. like to have wired or wireless head phone only to talk on cell phone. not interested in hearing music through cell phone. but talk should be clear to me and also to those connected. any suggestion

Solution
The good thing about wireless (bluetooth) is that you can leave your cellphone on a desk and walk around the room while talking. The range of bluetooth seems to be about 20-30 feet, depending on the construction materials used in the walls of your house. I have a bluetooth headset that has earpieces for both ears, so if you are talking in a noisy environment, or you can't hear well, it gives some isolation from the room noise. It also has a volume adjustment on the bluetooth device.

I also have a wired device with dual earpieces that I bought at MicroCenter for less than $10, which works fine also, but does not have a volume adjustment built in, so I have to use the volume adjustment on the cell phone, which is not really a problem.

th3p00r

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
that depends on how long and how often are you going to talking on the phone, with wireless the battery is limited; however, you can get the bluetooth with at least 8 hours of talk or more then you'll be fine.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
The good thing about wireless (bluetooth) is that you can leave your cellphone on a desk and walk around the room while talking. The range of bluetooth seems to be about 20-30 feet, depending on the construction materials used in the walls of your house. I have a bluetooth headset that has earpieces for both ears, so if you are talking in a noisy environment, or you can't hear well, it gives some isolation from the room noise. It also has a volume adjustment on the bluetooth device.

I also have a wired device with dual earpieces that I bought at MicroCenter for less than $10, which works fine also, but does not have a volume adjustment built in, so I have to use the volume adjustment on the cell phone, which is not really a problem.

Solution

Ramachandran_3

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

Ramachandran_3

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
My son brought a BT headplhone. we found that the mic is not proper and he is not able hear me. there is a provision to connect the BT headphone with a wire to jack of cellphone (then the bluetooth capability is lost). I am able to hear clearly but little garbed but he is not able to hear. perhaps the inserting the pin to cellphone jack disturbs the mic inside. even though smartphone is a PHONE now days guys are more interested in periferals like camera, internet, music from FN or stored. Low priority is given to CALL QUALITY. I was now checking some loud cell phones.