Wireless audio options for TV

Ganesha527

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
Hi,

I currently have a HDTV connected with my laptop via HDMI (video&audio out from the TV)

Basically, I am using the TV as laptop monitor.

I have been contemplating buying a set of wireless headphones for watching stuff at night but I do not want any audio delay or out of sync.

Here's my idea :

1. buy wireless headphones and connect it with TV
- may not be feasible as my TV is not bluetooth enabled, and apparent audio sync issues with bluetooth is a discouraging factor.
- not many options for them cans.

2. buy wireless headphones and connect it with laptop, TV as monitor
- with sound output from the laptop, the sync maybe better?
- a wide range of cans to choose from, gaming and so on..

Which do you think is the best option to remove audio delays?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can avoid delays by using non-bluetooth RF wireless headphones.
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/rs-audiophile-headphones-wireless-digital-over-ear
The question is where to connect them.
Try connecting wired headphones to the laptop. You will have to change the audio device.
If you don't notice any delay problems you can use any RF headphones.
If you do notice a audio sync issue then you will need to connect the transmitter to the TV. If the TV has a headphone jack then any transmitter will work. If it only has optical out you will need one with an optical input or have to use an optical to analog converter.
You can avoid delays by using non-bluetooth RF wireless headphones.
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/rs-audiophile-headphones-wireless-digital-over-ear
The question is where to connect them.
Try connecting wired headphones to the laptop. You will have to change the audio device.
If you don't notice any delay problems you can use any RF headphones.
If you do notice a audio sync issue then you will need to connect the transmitter to the TV. If the TV has a headphone jack then any transmitter will work. If it only has optical out you will need one with an optical input or have to use an optical to analog converter.

Solution