Wireless headphones with great bass/low freq

firehawk_1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I have studio headphones, which really cannot be beaten but I also use them for general audio usage. These are Allen and Heath headphones:

http://www.jkproaudio.com/Xone-XD-53-Pro-DJ-Headphones-Original-Silver-Version-B-Stock_p_25.html

I have had them for 10 years and they are great. Sound quality is clear and the bass has pretty damn strong.

I am now trying to find wireless headphones that can be very close to these. I tried the expensive Bose QC 35 headphones - did not like them. The bass was awful and got muddy with the mid's and the high's were not nearly all there either. Disappointing.

Any suggestions on wireless headphones which have great sound quality on all levels of EQ?

Chugalug_

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
What's your budget?
You can't get truly great sound quality in the wireless range currently available until BT 5.0 cans start to release.
Wired is the way to go with a good amplifier.

Chugalug_

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
What's your budget?
You can't get truly great sound quality in the wireless range currently available until BT 5.0 cans start to release.
Wired is the way to go with a good amplifier.

sizzling

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
I think you will find the muddy sound is due to Bluetooth compression, did you try the QC35's in wired mode? I have noticed Bluetooth strips out a lot of detail in bass notes in any setup.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
pawlyk Audio 1
S Audio 0
AiapaecGaming Audio 0
Sentyee Audio 0
B Audio 3
S Audio 0
7kandyy Audio 1
Galthran1327 Audio 7
txazn Audio 2
B Audio 4