Solved! Wiring a passive home sub to car radio

KnightSky637

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hello,

I got an old passive subwoofer from a home theater, can I hook this up to my car audio receiver?
I have a JVC KD-R642 it has 2 rca outputs one left and one right (red and white), do I just make a rca plug from the wire speakers and plug it in those outputs or does it not work like that?
It's a 150W 3 Ohm sub, Philips SW5000. The output wires is a black and purple one

Thanks, sorry if this does not make any sense but I have no idea how to wire a passive sub to a car radio.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
The RCA outputs are line level outputs and therefore unable to drive a passive subwoofer. Those line level outputs would need to be fed to an external amplifier that drives the passive subwoofer.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
The RCA outputs are line level outputs and therefore unable to drive a passive subwoofer. Those line level outputs would need to be fed to an external amplifier that drives the passive subwoofer.

KnightSky637

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

What kind of amplifier do I need to buy?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 0
W Audio 0
T Audio 1
M Audio 0
H Audio 0
R Audio 1
Scarymovie Audio 0
A Audio 1
T Audio 2
Beachbum1976 Audio 1
T Audio 2
IshuAnuzz27 Audio 0
R Audio 0
K Audio 1
M Audio 2
V Audio 13
Z Audio 1
R Audio 1
J Audio 8
J Audio 10
Similar threads
Question repair Nintendo switch headphone with mic jack. Could some please help. I have 5 wires
Question Is it possible to connect 4 old wired speaker cabinets to a bluetooth device?
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question Re-wire TV Speaker
Question DAC Player broken or just the IEM wire? Need help finding out
Question Where can I get a good-quality wired headset for online classes, not for music or games?
Question Need help with 3.5mm jack wire colors
Question New headset doesnt have the right wire.
Solved! Adding Wireless Speakers to Wired Home Audio System
Question Where does my loose wire go to
Question Ground Wire hum- do I need a replacement?
Question How to connect headphone wire to 3.5 TRS jack?
Question Connecting wired and wireless speakers to same zone
Question Device to use wired headphones with TV
Would it be possible to wire a single passive woofer to my don't powered amp to have it power both. I Would wire the passive d
I bought Pioneer Vsx 330K amplifier but my subwoofer is passive can I connect the wires to front speaker
Trying to build a passive in-ear (wired, not wireless) monitor backpack which takes a mono signal from a mixing desk aux out.
Wire confusion - connecting Passive Klipsch R-14 Speakers to Harmon Kardon 3490 Receiver
Solved! Is it possible to connect two passive speakers to only one amplifier output?
How do i connect my RCA passive speakers to my subwoofer with speaker wire outputs?

ASK THE COMMUNITY