Woman Arrested for Filming Twilight; Sues Theater

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
The funny thing is that maybe this dumb ass girl might be right, I mean, if the police said "nah, let her go, it's just 3 minuts" why the hell did the manager got her arrested..
Came on.. 3min? it was damn obvious that she was not the pirate kind. Just a kinky girl who wanted to see the guy half naked over and over and over and over and over and over again! and over again!
I sincerely hope she wins the 50 grand.. after all she missed the movie.

ooo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
So what if in the first place the girl was in a complot to sue the theater along with the manager and both gets 50 thousand and nobody knew about it... the owner have to make investigate the manager something is fishing here... at least 4 me...
In the future any1 can sue your theater in this manner too and nobody will know the true ...
Dumbfucked manager if not cuz she was not sharing it ... innocent until proof guilty any1... fck more more the MPAA is trying to destroy our happies times, i cant even to see a movie and laugh with the scenes later with friends and stuff ...
America is ruled by the money and capitalism not freedom anymore...

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Her actions would be consider fair use as they are just for her personal use, perfectly legal. The only way should could get in trouble is if the theater has a WRITTEN warning stating no videography, which I've never seen. Then she could legally be banned by the theater owner, that's all.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
oh no! she might have shared this footage with thousands would then PAY to see the movie in its entirety! it's free press you MPAA morons. Now the MPAA is going to sue the theatre for defamation of character

teeebs

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Does the theatre manager not make enough money, that he is still pushing for her to be charged? Just so he can get his $500 reward from the MPAA....who by the way already said not to charge her. Great idea offering a reward....makes people completely lose sight of the situation and just to get the money....

elkein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
omg I wonder if the theatre manager ever heard of anything called DV* De******. I can promise his own employees are more likely to pirate than cell phone equipped fan girls.

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
"Once Ms. Tumpach arrived at the local station, police officers called the MPAA for advice"

Does anyone have a problem with this? i know i do. the police arrest someone, and they dont even know why. WTF!!!!

G

It is not pirating when you only tape a portion and do not resell. Not under any country's intellectual property laws.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
People saying she doesn't have a case.. LOL I suggest you look at some other lawsuits, that were won. Robbers BREAKING IN to a house, to fall on a glass table.. Have sued and won even though they were doing something ILLEGAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.