Woman Jailed for Sending Herself Threating Texts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Why didn't the police fully investigate this themselves? Its shocking that a phone registered in some one elses name is good enough proof for them

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Dkz[/nom]There is only 1 word for this POWNED!!![/citation]
It's actually PWND! misspelling it on purpose for some reason.

G

So what the article tries to tell us is: Woman are crazy... anyone who didn't know this before? :D

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]uh...huh... I'm seriously getting tired of this "arrested for texting" stuff.[/citation]

woman arrested wasting police time and trying to frame her boyfriend. The headline is crap isn't it..

Woman arrested for using phone.

andrewmck

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Why would she want to get his sister in law in trouble ??? Surely she would not care about getting her ex's brother's wife in trouble??? Surely it should be her ex sister-in-law???

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
See is what is wrong with the justice system. Someone makes a complaint and as long as they insist on it, you are in crap.

Doesn't matter what lack of evidence they have...

The police departments should get sued for a million so they wisen up and curb this behavior.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I think the first thing to have done by the detectives would be to contact the purps phone carrier and subpoena outgoing text messages for a given time frame.

From that, trace back on the "victims" phone through that carrier and find the source.

Doesn't sound to complicated to me...

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Kaiser_25[/nom]lol why should tax payers foot this bill..? tard lol[/citation]

Because they did no investigating at all and jailed persons on false reports. Yes she should go to jail, and pay restitution, however so should the police department for locking someone up without any real investigating.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]Is it $50,000 each or total? Also, why force the punishment of one person onto the local taxpayers by making the government pay for it? Shouldn't the one responsible for this be the one to pay for it? She will be forced to sell off assets to pay it (house, car, etc)....[/citation]
This is a pretty good idea... inmates should have to pay for their stay while incarcerated. Why should they get a free stay for 20 years when i pay for them and my mortgage?
Federal penitentiaries should have some systems setup where convicts make minimum wage building things in jail the free public can use… like chairs, tables, cabinets…anything that is possible. (Of course weapons and death be a problem, but win/win for us). Make then earn their stay and be a use to the rest of society AND should they ever get out they have a skill other then car theft and murder!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I think Jeanne Mundango Manunga should have recieved more jail time for this. Teach people a lesson not to do this kind of crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.