Women Prefer Facebook Over Bathroom Basics

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Keep connected my ass... how can you connect with people when you spend all day in front of a freaking screen! Wake up in the middle of the night to read text messages? I mean wtf!? Do you really care that much what people think about you that you need to have all those fake names and pictures in a webpage pretending to be your friends so you be in their own list? Ahah thats a sick symbiosis..
LoL I thought I had self confidence issues... now I feel like superman or something, I mean.. I have friends, girlfriend, my parents actually care about where I go, how I feel, damn I'm must be lucky!
GO OUT WITH FRIENDS YOU LAME FACEBOOK ADDICT! GET A LIFE!! NAH-AH! HAVING FAKE FRIENDS ISN'T NOT A LIFE YOU TWIT!

skatt3rbrain

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I don't think people who dictate how social networking, a tool, is to be properly used by others really have a grip on reality either. If people like using it, let them. By the way, commenting here is a form of social networking :eek:

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Neither do I.That's two of us left in the world ... citation]
Make that three! My friends are always trying to encourage me to waste my life on that garbage, im sorry i prefer good old fashioned phone calls or face to face meetings.

apoq

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Am I the only one getting sick of all these stupid word combinations, like frenemies? Christs sake, I'm not even a native speaker and this sounds like shit. Why in the world do we have to adopt words probably sprouted by a drunken and recently dumped 30 year old chick and her pack of middle aged friends?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Surprisingly, 32-percent think that posting photos of themselves or others on Facebook using obscene gestures is appropriate--42-percent said that images of them visibly intoxicated was just as appropriate...Over half of the women in the survey even admitted to keeping track of their "frenemies."

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The fact that a large majority of people are doing it tells us that they think its fine. People today are pretty crude, and there are so many kids having sex and smoking pot today that I fear for my daughter's future. The 70's weren't like this...not EVERYONE was trying out drugs. In fact, most people weren't.

Phoenixkatera

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
[citation][nom]edilee[/nom]So...100% of the women surveyed are idiots and addicted to all types and forms of texting? Men are just as bad and you know those folks that have their smart phone in their hand at all times of the day and look at it every 15 seconds to see if they have a new message? Wonder what they would do if you snatched it from their hand and stomped it.[/citation]

I'd expect you to buy me a new one or I'd sue your ass! =)
Smartphones can be expensive these days m'kay?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]"Women...can't live with them...the end..."-- Al Bundy[/citation]
One of the best shows ever.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Never had Facebook or Myspace. Not really sure what Twitter is, or how it works. Don't have a texting plan, or a smartphone. I don't have 3000+ friends, and I don't care what Kim Kardashian or Brad Pitt are doing, or whom they are doing. Life is too short. Facebook and Twitter are a disease that rob you of your mind and your soul. You'll become nothing but a lifeless drone endlessly texting jibberish to the other 3000+ lifeless drones on your "Friends list". Wake up Neo...the life you've been living is a lie... there is no cake! One day, in your death bed, you will look back at your life, but you won't see anything.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
The article doesn't mention the frequency. Did you fall asleep once with your PDA or do you do it every night? Did you wake up and facebook once or every morning?

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I sorta skimmed the comments, but I would say that it's not women its Women that watch Oxygen that have those habits, but it probably does carry over some what to women in general. Not defending, just clarifying.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Neither do I.That's two of us left in the world ... After browsing the rubbish on my wife's facebook account I think I have sucessfully dodged what has become some kind of monster threatening to takeover the minds of the masses.Forget SkyNet ... we should be more worried about Facebook.Just kidding ... like AOL it is a fad that will be just as wortheless in a few years time.[/citation]

Actually, I'm one up on you. I'm not even sure what Facebook is, as bizarre as that sounds. I think it's something you do if you can't create your own web server, but, I'm not really 100% sure of that. The one thing I'm sure of is, whatever it is, I don't need it. The same with Twitter, but I think I know what that is.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]jezzarisky[/nom]I sorta skimmed the comments, but I would say that it's not women its Women that watch Oxygen that have those habits, but it probably does carry over some what to women in general. Not defending, just clarifying.[/citation]

May as well be women that breathe oxygen. Surely you're not trying to imply there is more than one type of woman? I find that very offensive.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]erikstarcher[/nom]I Quote "36-percent of its young female participants admitted to accessing their Facebook accounts in the morning immediately before brushing teeth or using the toilet."[/citation]
I guess he uses a litter box.

Status
Not open for further replies.