Wondering if this is doable - google doc/sheet question

Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

So I received a google doc/sheet, pdf format sent to me attached and it's my work I've been collabing on and this morning I looked at the pdf and by comparison, it changed tonight as I looked at it.

My question is can the person who sent you this google doc/sheet, pdf made change the content of it after it's been sent to your email? I mean the content has been changed and is not noticeable from what I viewed this morning, so my guess is they were able to change stuff even though it's been sent already.

Thank you, I hope someone can give me insight on this as this is very pressing.

Apr 3, 2018
Pretty sure it was an attachment, if I remember correctly the link shows up as a little blue rectangle without any attachment. I thought maybe it can still be edited by the owner if only through an internet connection.

The reason I've asked: If you're sent the file as an attachment, you'd have it somewhere on your computer. The only way (for what I know) to edit a file in Google Docs/Sheet/etc is first to upload it there.

What I think happened: You're sent a link to a shared Google Docs file, and while that file can sit in your Google Docs folder, it's still shared with the original sender.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MBA380 Apps General Discussion 3
D Apps General Discussion 0
R Apps General Discussion 0
C Apps General Discussion 3
A Apps General Discussion 2
M Apps General Discussion 1
N Apps General Discussion 2
A Apps General Discussion 2
H Apps General Discussion 2
M Apps General Discussion 1
O Apps General Discussion 6