Work laptop gets uncomfortably hot while gaming

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
I wish I had a good gaming laptop but my other gaming PC sucks (sort of due to the blasted fans) so here's what I'm using:

Lenovo Thinkpad T410
Intel Core i5 M520
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Intel HD Graphics

I have to play games on my Dad's work laptop (the one listed above), and Intel HD Graphics actually handles this Zelda OoT 3D map I have on GMod fine, same goes with FnaF, Terraria, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, you get it. But when I game, the laptop doesn't overheat-it gets... unusually hot. Now, the thing's old, but the fan is usually quiet. However, when the thing heats up while I'm playing a game, I feel like I'm playing with my fingers touching hot rocks. Now, I can't explain why. It just gets hot. REALLY hot. My Switch stays more passively cooled than that thing.

If anyone can tell me why, that would help, because the laptop gets hot watching YouTube, too.

Solution

Well, If He Doesn't Liuke That You Open Laptops, Give It To The Computer Mechanic And Ask Him To Change Termal Paste And Clean It From The Dust...

lucaswyrm

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
I Had That Problem Once Aswell, The Reason For My Laptop Was The Termal Paste, It Was How I Should Say Specified, "burned", On CPU I Didn't Have Much Termal Paste Left.... Maybe It's For You Aswell

lucaswyrm

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

Well, If He Doesn't Liuke That You Open Laptops, Give It To The Computer Mechanic And Ask Him To Change Termal Paste And Clean It From The Dust...

Solution