World’s Tallest LEGO Tower in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
"All that's left is for Chile to respond, by going even higher!"

We'll definitely build a taller one XD!

Now we only need to figure out where we get half the amount of children Brazil has (we're like 6M people over here at Santiago and São Paulo has like 12M, rofl).

Anyway, nice going. Good to see children enjoying life over there after that terrible thing at the school 8(

Cheers!

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Haha, I remember Top Gear's James May built a LEGO house in the UK- it was hilarious- everything was LEGO- artwork, furniture, even the toilet and the sinks (which also had water piped into the house so they would work) turns out LEGO is crap for building actually.

jpsoares50

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
If someone wants to see more about the biggest lego tower of the world you can see on you tube (http://youtu.be/q8y1RO0xPEQ) or (http://noticias.r7.com/sao-paulo/noticias/torre-de-lego-bate-recorde-mundial-de-altura-em-sp-20110409.html) all in portuguese. Its pretty nice.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]Haha, I remember Top Gear's James May built a LEGO house in the UK- it was hilarious- everything was LEGO- artwork, furniture, even the toilet and the sinks (which also had water piped into the house so they would work) turns out LEGO is crap for building actually.[/citation]

Yes it was a classic,he should have some of his stuff in a musseum, he's really talented

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]from the picture, it doesn't look like it's a free standing tower...isn't that cheating?[/citation]

Because the fact they are Lego's and not designed for such huge construction I am sure that the wires holding it up have to be of a specific specification.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]Because the fact they are Lego's and not designed for such huge construction I am sure that the wires holding it up have to be of a specific specification.[/citation]

LEGO is LEGO; it IS designed for that. They could've done the hight with the proper construction, but i'll bet it would've taken 3x the amount of bricks (if not more).

Cheers

G

@steelcity1981 - best not do it in America. Law suit waiting to happen

G

James' LEGO house was amazing, too bad it crumbled and shattered on most walls, furnitures.

Status
Not open for further replies.