World's Thinnest Smartphone is as Tough as a Hammer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Oh this brand. When I was in China last summer Oppo was running a major ad campaign featuring Leonardo DiCaprio for their line of phones. It actually looked quite decent, too.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Try it with an iPhone 4s. it wouldn't last one strike on either side. It would completely shatter on both sides with the cheep glass they use.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]rangas[/nom]im totally impressed (no sarcasm)[/citation]
[citation][nom]ctbaars[/nom]How many nails can it hammer before the battery requires recharging? Battery life is important to me.[/citation]

loooooooooool

[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Try it with an iPhone 4s. it wouldn't last one strike on either side. It would completely shatter on both sides with the cheep glass they use.[/citation]

Well , being used as a hammer isn't the smartphone's intended purpose.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
1 - Does it blend? (I don't think so)
2 - It has a cutting tool too!
3 -That would actually be handy! Imagine seeing people using such a phone as a tool!!

I think the video is fake. Its a solid inside that phone...
Power up the phone and THEN hit the nails.

CNets review of the Samsung GSIII has them using a powered phone in a freezer, 190f heat tank (40 mins), 4 drop tests from about 4~6 feet up and dropping it in a fish bowl for 10 seconds... After the water test, the phone kept wanting to power up.

They dried it out for a few days... phone works. PS: When you drop your phone in water, here is what you do:
1 - DO NOT TURN IT OFF (requires you to go through the shutdown process)
2 - Remove cover, then pull out the battery ASAP as well as anything else that comes off (memory & SIM cards) Does not apply to iPhones and HTC One X
3 - Put phone in a container with Rice of silica gel packs for 3-4 days.
4 - cross fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.