Worthwhile GPU upgrade for VR?

Sep 24, 2018
Current specs
Gpu 7950
Cpu fx8350

I'm looking to see if upgrading my card at this point would be worth the money for VR gaming. Currently I can play the less intensive games in VR for example beat saber. I'm mildly able to run the beefy games like Skyrim however the fps is much lower and gives me a headache pretty quick. Wanted to see if upgrading to a rx 570 or 580 would be worth the price currently.

It seems like most people with 570 or 580 setups are saying the games run ok. So I'm unsure if it is even worth upgrading if I still won't be able to run the games at higher fps. The cards are relativly cheap though so if I could run things like skyrim/seriousSam/fallout then I think it would be worth it.

I'm not really interested in the vega, seems like its not really worth the price for me. Anyone know if the upgrade from a 7950 to a 570 would be substantial enough or should I just wait for new releases. Im not to hip on the current amd cards right now so any other card suggestions are welcomed :)

thanks!

Solution
Really, shooting for the best card you can afford makes the most sense - in the AMD space (excluding Vega), that's sounds leaves a 580.
For that reason, I'd pass on the 570 and opt straight for a 580.

Going to be a much better experience than your 7950, that's for sure.
Really, shooting for the best card you can afford makes the most sense - in the AMD space (excluding Vega), that's sounds leaves a 580.
For that reason, I'd pass on the 570 and opt straight for a 580.

Going to be a much better experience than your 7950, that's for sure.

Solution