Would I be better off buying a new laptop?

Lugenia Sapp

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
I have an older Toshiba Satellite L355-S7905. I'm running Vista, which came on it. I understood Microsoft is no longer supporting Vista so I figured it's time to update the operating system, but I've heard awful things about Windows 7. I've heard nothing about 8, 8.1 & 10. My laptop works fine except it could use a new battery which isn't cheap. So, I'm wondering, should I just buy a new updated laptop instead of putting so much money into my old one. Also, I don't know if I have enough space left on my old one in order to put on a new operating system. One more question....if i buy a new one, should i buy another Toshiba in irder to use some of the memory for the new one?What would you do?

Solution
Windows 7 was considered a very good OS. I finally upgrade from Win XP to Win 7 back in 2010. Vista was not really considered a good OS and people like myself avoided it.

Win 8 / 8.1 was considered too radical of a change from Win 7 for many people. Win 8 got rid of the Start Button. Win 8.1 kinda brought it back somewhat, but it could not be customize and was pretty limited in my opinion. There are plenty of other things that have changed and a lot of the new way of doing things did not seem logical or took a few extra steps. Like many other people, I prefer Win 7 to Win 8.

I have not touched Win 10, but it is supposed to be a combination of Win 7 and Win 8 while introducing a few new things. I will upgrade my Dell Latitude 3540 from...
Windows 7 was considered a very good OS. I finally upgrade from Win XP to Win 7 back in 2010. Vista was not really considered a good OS and people like myself avoided it.

Win 8 / 8.1 was considered too radical of a change from Win 7 for many people. Win 8 got rid of the Start Button. Win 8.1 kinda brought it back somewhat, but it could not be customize and was pretty limited in my opinion. There are plenty of other things that have changed and a lot of the new way of doing things did not seem logical or took a few extra steps. Like many other people, I prefer Win 7 to Win 8.

I have not touched Win 10, but it is supposed to be a combination of Win 7 and Win 8 while introducing a few new things. I will upgrade my Dell Latitude 3540 from Win 8.1 to Win 10 a few months from now; just waiting for more updates for Win 10 to come out first.

Solution