Would like to know....

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knows or could point me in the right direction to find out what the new Toshiba firmware update did. I looked on their website and couldnt find any info on it. The only article I found was from 2009. So if any of you guys are in the know I would also. This is the first one in about 2 years so I am intrigued.

Solution
Well as I mentioned, you can go to thier website and lookup the information on your SPECIFIC MODEL. There isn't alot of following on firmware patches for TVs, Blu-Ray, etc. unless you look up your SPECIFIC MODEL plus FIRMWARE UPDATE in Google, then maybe someone commented in the TV / LCD Forums on some website but I doubt it.
Firmware is a update usually of Hard Drives, CD Roms, etc. Normally BIOS updates are for the chipset / BIOS of the mobo, and then there is the one for Graphics cards. So what are you talking about? FYI they are libel legally for messing up computers, so there is normally a READ ME file included OR on the notes on the website to tell you what corrections they made. Could simply be they made it more compatible with newer hardware (802.11ac Wireless or maybe USB3) or anything else.

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Sorry shouldve specified its for my TV I think they just let you see more descriptive information on settings, but I am getting a micro -stutter on my screen. Never had that before. I'm sorry they called it a software upgrade, asked if I wanted it like I said its been 2 years just about since the last one. So I clicked yes, said it would take 10 minutes so went to kitchen grabbed a snack came back it was done with no message on what it actually did. I guess since I have pretty good speed on my dsl it dled alot quicked than expected.

Well as I mentioned, you can go to thier website and lookup the information on your SPECIFIC MODEL. There isn't alot of following on firmware patches for TVs, Blu-Ray, etc. unless you look up your SPECIFIC MODEL plus FIRMWARE UPDATE in Google, then maybe someone commented in the TV / LCD Forums on some website but I doubt it.

Solution