Woz: ''Carry a Second Verizon Phone for Backup''

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d3adp0ol

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
This sounds like the perfect solution for the Apple lovers out there. You have your non-functional Apple device to show off and impress people with your wealth and style, and then you have a non-Apple device that actually works.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
How much more scuttle butt can there be over this issue? Put a rubber bumper over the thing at 30 extra bucks, silicon, tape, or ANYTHING or simply return it. AT&T is garbage where there is equal coverage from other carriers. Apple products dont have magical elves living in them, and are far from the only game in town. Anyone who cries about their iPhone 4 being crappy for signal is a moron, and any one who will pay for a second non ATT non Apple phone just to make their iTrash work is a BIGGER moron.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]hythos[/nom]I've been running a Storm1 + iPhone3G for 18 months... and the iphone is trash comparitively; I would prefer to get my girlfriend on a Verizon network, but her family is on AT&T. If I got rid of my iphone, that would solve 2 problems at once... J/K!!! (not really)[/citation]

Or you could get rid of your girlfriend. That might solve all your problems/

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
At what point do the Apple fanatics wake up and say, "Enough is enough, even the most devoted of us can't swallow this one." I would be super pissed if I was sold a lemon like iPhone 4. Since I didn't the entire situation is pure pop-corn munching entertainment.

Bring on "Fearless Freep"! I want to see the high diving act next!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I was sure when I saw this tweeted by @thewozniak that it was a joke... Is the real Woz saying you should get a Pre Plus from verizon just to use your iPhone?

For that matter, isn't it high time that a bluetooth baseband device be available for cellphones? A little device you can pair with your phone; so it will turn off it's radio and the device will do the network connection instead of the phone. This could let you strategically place the antenna, and be able to use your phone wherever/however you like as long as its within bluetooth range.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Wow man...what a bunch of morons, this makes me want to go buy a Droid X just for the hell of it!

How did this company become so popular in the first place!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS