WSJ: iPhone Mini Will Have Edge-to-Edge Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Try watching a video on this little screen! Talk about a headache from squinting...

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Facts
When things get smaller they break easily
When apple makes a product expect it to be overpriced
When your apple product breaks expect apple to wash you off their hands
When you dis apple products expect apple fanboys/girls to flame you like crazy
When you buy apple products, you have essentially allowed Steve Jobs to steal your soul for all eternity.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
They will sell so many glass kits due to the screen going edge to edge. They are taking the automotive approach on this one....Make more money off maintenance and parts than the actual vehicle they sold you.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Yay...smaller iphone. Will NOT sell.[/citation]
Smaller iPhone... despite what you think WILL sell because of the huge cult following. I betcha any money

G

Does this one require a case too? Gg now any attempt to hold the phone will result in signal loss."you're holding it wrong" - Steve Jobs

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Yay...smaller iphone. Will NOT sell.[/citation]

That is one of the most idiotic statements I've ever read.

I hate apple btw.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Im sure they will sell a ton of them. It might be especially attractive to people who dont want a contract and would like to take to Metro PCS or another cheap provider.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Gonna have to agree with packard bell, apple doesnt do anything cheap, the mac mini was supposed to be cheap, as well as the ipad, and both of them are north of $600

G

Why does everyone think that this thing wont sell? Look at how many variations of iPods Apple has and sells like hot cakes...if anything, this iPhone Nano (as I like to call it) is an attempt to saturate the mainstream market with more Apple products to fend off the Android army. Great idea; I just hope it has a keyboard.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Will people pay $1000 for a 3G smartphone that's pretty enough, water resistant up to 5 atm, charges via a mat, synchs via bluetooth, has a bluetooth stereo headset, can make 3G video calls, AND be a watch?

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
To apple a "cheaper" smaller iphone means pricing starting at $149.99. I'll just stick with my POS cell phone thank you very much.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]pakardbell486dx2[/nom]FactsWhen things get smaller they break easilyWhen apple makes a product expect it to be overpricedWhen your apple product breaks expect apple to wash you off their handsWhen you dis apple products expect apple fanboys/girls to flame you like crazyWhen you buy apple products, you have essentially allowed Steve Jobs to steal your soul for all eternity.[/citation]

lol, +1 (since the rating system is still broken)

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]pakardbell486dx2[/nom]When things get smaller they break easily[/citation]
That makes no sense. A smaller screen is much more difficult to break than a big screen. A small case can be much stronger than a big case.

I prefer a small phone to a huge brick that doesn't fit in my pocket.
The only problem I see with a smaller screen is that iPhone Apps are specifically designed for a 3.5" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.