x205TA screen leak, need to know if the rest is good

Kitanul

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Hi, i am currently working on a asus x205TA notebook. At first, i can see the front light on, green and orange, but when i press the power button, nothing happen, not even any noise.
The owner told me the screen failed so i was looking for a way to plug it to another screen but the only plug on this notebook are 2 usb and 1 ultra mini hdmi plug
I have a small hdmi plug but this one its ultra small, seem like a phone plug to me... So nothing to plug a monitor on it. Ok so its a micro-hdmi, i will have to get one...
I took it down, and found alot of grey stuff behind the screen and the plug to connect to it if half black. So the screen probably leak and the plug did overheat, or some liquid got into it.
Now i know the screen is bad, and should be replace. But i dont know if the other piece are good or not, as i do not hear sound when i try to power it on and i cant plug it to another monitor.
Any advice? Thanks.

Kitanul

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Yup, it is a micro-hdmi, i ordered a adaptor online for it, until then i dont know if i can do anything more?
There is indeed no mechanical hdd or fan, really hard to tell if its running or not...
Any idea?

ffg7

Splendid
just unplug the battery from motherboard, don't remove it, disconnect power adapter from netbook, hold power button down for 20 count, reconnect battery to motherboard & turn on netbook. that is for a hard reset. do you have an external hard drive preferably a laptop drive?