Xbox 360: 30M Sold, Boasts 20M Live Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

lots of fun with xbox360... but... lots of heat & defects...
BUT STILL DESKTOP COMPUTER >>>>> xbox360+PS3+wii

G

I use my 360 to watch dvd's as It does a great job upconverting to my HDTV along with being a great gaming machine, Thank you MS

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
And how MANY Xbox 360 owners have bought 2-3 replacement units? Notice how many used ones are for sale?

First MS claims the 360 is a PURE console and PS3 sucks.

Now its an entertainment center? Wait, lets see the 360 play a standard HD 1080p Blu-Ray movie? Wait, oh yeah - you can't! You have to depend on 720p temp storage video rentals. Or pay almost as much for DL movie as a blue-ray movie... without the extras.

MS really needs to make a version that looks and cools better as well as play blue-Ray discs.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I didn't buy one and never will buy a game console (or Windows copy for that matter) from MS ever again... did some research and found that they shrunk the hsf to accomodate a psu that wouldn't fit in the tiny fancy case or something... they coulda made the case bigger instead of causing Red Ring!

And how about this: Windows takes up a thread to check if your copy is legit every 5 seconds. That's a waste of performance lol. Linux>Win forever :D

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Yea and screw the stupid companies that produce Windows software (such as games) and not Linux software. I don't want to use software from those kind of companies anyways, even if it's Crysis. All I need is WINE and HL :)

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
and don't forget to screw the companies that bring you running water and electricity. They are soooo over rated. All we need is a lake or stream or something and a few well placed lightning bolts and the party is on! Why pay for something when you can get the same thing for free. Heh heh heh... LOL!!! .. moron... .

Why would I want to spend a couple of hours trying to get a game to work with wine when i know it will work with Windows (and Wine's performance is horrible by the way even if you could get it to play a game all the way through). And there is no thread that's checks if Windows is legit every 5 seconds. The WGA utility will randomly pole every 3 to 21 days after a reboot or a check for updates has occured. The checks may continue a few times every minute or so if there is a communication problem or something but that's all.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
What happened with going out or playing out doors for fun? It's simple to sit your ass on a couch all day long, but I don't call that entertainment :)
PS: The 10M that's missing from Live, are probably playing real basketball with real ppl outside.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]And how MANY Xbox 360 owners have bought 2-3 replacement units?[/citation]

Not me.. Or my bro-in-law... Or my roommate... I also know a few people whose 360s died on them.. Of course they were under warranty and were replaced or fixed, so I dont know of anyone who has been forced to buy another one. Except for my friend at work, but he was sloppy with the solder iron trying to hack it.

reininop

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
[citation][nom]dustindoe08[/nom]I use my 360 to watch dvd's as It does a great job upconverting to my HDTV along with being a great gaming machine, Thank you MS[/citation]

Do you use the hD-DVD attachment? The xbox itself does not upconvert. At least the original consoles did not. I haven't read if the newer ones do but I know for a fact the others didn't.

eskimo_1

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
My 360 broke a month ago after about 2 years of use, not that i was surprised or anything, seeing that a friend took his 360 back 6 different times before i did once. My PS2 is like 5-6 years old and still has better working components than what M$ can build seeing it hasn't broke yet.

Actually, the only reason why i bought a 360 is because a few of my friends bought it and we like gaming online, the 360 has been a disappointment in terms of reliability.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]I didn't buy one and never will buy a game console (or Windows copy for that matter) from MS ever again... did some research and found that they shrunk the hsf to accomodate a psu that wouldn't fit in the tiny fancy case or something... they coulda made the case bigger instead of causing Red Ring![/citation]

FYI, the PSU isn't even inside the case. It's an external power brick.

G

It doesn't say Gold Users, that could include Silver Users. They still can do downloading from Xbox Live Arcade and whatnot but not much else.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
sorry, the ps3 has the best entertainment value, thats why ppl buy it, same as xbox, but + bluray. probably why they have such a high attach rate, ppl only use it for games, whereas there are a lot of ppl using the ps3 as a bluray player. (and ppl who only by the wii for wii fit). don't get me wrong, if they said best gaming entertainment value, they'd be right on the money, as it is, despite its high price, the ps3 is the best value for money IF you use all the features. (specially if you use the SACD in the original model, SACD standalones are really expensive!, makes it great value for both the ppl who use that feature...)

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]dustindoe08[/nom]I use my 360 to watch dvd's as It does a great job upconverting to my HDTV along with being a great gaming machine, Thank you MS[/citation]

Sorry but if you think the 360 does good upconverting you haven't used a good upconverter before. I tested my 360 upconverting the same movie as compared to my Toshiba A-3 player (which has a cheap but dedicated upconverter), and the difference is staggering for newer movies. To the other question about the 360's upconvert ability, yes it does upconvert as long as you are using HDMI or VGA output.

glorfendel

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Good for ms it’s a good console with a good number of fun games with some nice media tools attached. It’s very flexible (that’s why all the developers are working on it) very easy to use very little hassle. They have done a good job and its paying off.

And for anti Microsoft fanboyz attach rate = your profit so they win Xbox 360 and the ps3 are negative or neutral in there profitability if you only get the console. All the money comes from titles.

Of course your ps2 1 ps2 nes snes etc still work electronics have changed in the last 10 years the kinds of flux and solder that are used above all. There is no main stream electronic device that will last that long sold in the US anymore thank the hippies for that one lead is bad. Judging on 10 and 20 year old standards to day are dumb be informed or shut up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisker_(metallurgy)

lead solder is banned in the EU the us and most of the first world so its banned everywhere thanks hippies for giving us short life span electronics that will fill up land fills with more crap that will pollute the water table then the 1% of the lead intake you saved us from.

and before you say your computer playstation etc has lead solder or something that does not whisker you don't most electronics makers stopped using lead solder in mid 2004 and the only other ways to stop whisker's is use of controlled and super rare metals and very expensive electrolyte solutions. You have been informed.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
All the add-ons and and movie rentals and crap cost entirely too much on xbox live. I have bought 3 $5 in 2.5 years of ownership. They need to get their prices in check if they really want to sell. If movie rentals were $1 like the store then I'd get them online. Right now it's hugely over priced. You'll spend $50+ a month buying stupid crap if you're not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS