Xbox 360 Coffin is a Final Resting Place After RRoD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thorimmortal

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
mine died again a week ago, I would consider this casket for a proper burial, but I think I will torture mine with some hot air and reball the gpu, if that fails now I have a back up plan.

CoderDunn

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
They should ship Windows in a similar box, seeing as it doesn't live more then a few days without good anti-virus software installed, and even then doesn't last more than a year or two before crapping the bed and needing a complete format-n-reinstall.

You must download a lot of pr0n from questionable sites then, since I haven't had a single virus in the 3 years I've used my computer without AV.

lostcosmonaut

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]They should ship Windows in a similar box, seeing as it doesn't live more then a few days without good anti-virus software installed, and even then doesn't last more than a year or two before crapping the bed and needing a complete format-n-reinstall.[/citation] That's kinda funny considering I haven't used, and haven't needed anti viruses in years. It's all about smart web browsing and downloading (i.e. using your brain).

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
HAHAH I just sent my 360 out for repair, I actually do hate the thing, but since its free, why not fix it. Wish I had the this box to ship it in, or burn it.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I think Microsoft missed the boat with ban waves. Being banned from their service mearely allows people to move on with their life. Same goes for when the console RRODs. I haven't played xbox games in several months. Thanks Microsoft :) probably changed my life forever. And to top it off, no more paying for xbox live or downloadable content.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Are there zoning laws concerning the burial of deal consoles? Sometimes you cannot bury the dead on your own property.Is it sealed to prevent the worms from crawling in?What about the power brick?[/citation]

imagine if everyone buried there dead 360's. i think they would all take up an entire country

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]redplanet_returns[/nom]xbox 360: "...but can it play crysis?"end result: this article[/citation]

Crysis 2 will be released on xbox360. No wonder you got a -1 for that comment.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
This makes you wonder what the actual 360 sales figures are if you take into consideration how many people ended up buying more than one to replace dead ones.

phano300

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I would have loved to use that packaging. I had 3 systems die due to RROD. It took MS 8 months to finally ship me back the system, even after 5 calls and 3 different tickets, talk about bad support. My brother had 2 and friend both had 2 system failures. MS was the 1st to the market but not without any headaches. The don't care about their clients. I will never purchase another XBOX360 ... Went with PS3 and have never looked back go SONY !!!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]thermalsig[/nom]Does it play funeral music when it's packed? That's genius creativity.[/citation]

No, it doesn't even play music, Microsoft made the perfect RRoD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.