Xbox 360 Only Console to Grow This Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I have nothing again PS3 or XBOX360 but I LOL each time I see someone saying that the Wii is dated compared to them.
Look at Sony and Microsoft, they are all trying to copy the Wii idea of motion sensitivity (which is not bad, look at project Natal).
PS3 and XBOX360 could have done much better with a bit of creativity/originality.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]scryer_360[/nom]I bet a good number of those are replacements for dead boxes though. And dead boxes isn't a good thing: it may help out with sales now, but it will kill the industry in the long run.[/citation]
A "sale" would indicate that the unit was purchased at some POS with actual money, either debit, credit, check or cash. Replacement units are not counted in "sales" numbers.

G

I purchased a wii, but once the novelty wore off and my wife got tired of Zelda, it just sat there. I own a 360 as well and found that the games I wanted that were on both platforms looked better and had more features on the 360 (i.e. Content, HD, multiplayer, etc). So I bought the 360 versions of the games. The wii is a great product for the casual, family or party gamer. I ended up selling it to a family that enjoys using it almost nightly.

At this point Sony lost this generation. No shame in it, look at Nintendo and the gamecube. It just means that Sony has more incentive to build the next console to win. Microsoft is getting better at the console game though and I am glad for it. They have been able to add so many useful features that will be standard amongst the consoles for the next generation. I hate to see the old vanguard die off, I prefer healthy and robust competition. I sometimes wish Sega would come back.

G

>>"So far in 1009, compared to the same period in 2008, there has >>been 17 percent growth in sales for the Xbox 360."

>>Wow, in only 1000 years, there was a growth of 0 to 17%!!

>>That's really slow progression!

Don't knock it. Even at 1% growth, simply considering the fact that they could keep selling the thing for 1000 years would make it the greatest console in history... lol

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]scryer_360[/nom]I bet a good number of those are replacements for dead boxes though. And dead boxes isn't a good thing: it may help out with sales now, but it will kill the industry in the long run.[/citation]

it may kill xbox in a big way if Sony goes and lowers the price of the PS3 to $299.00. that's the same price as the elite or pro model

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
The only thing that will save Sony now would be to license an XBOX360 emulator to play XB360 games!

If the cell processor is so capable then this should prove it!

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@ scryer_360, what does that matter. The same can be said for people that need to purchase another PS2 because it broke....

At least Microsoft continues to improve the 360 as revisons are made. What has Sony done, they remove features!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I have a PS3... there comes a point where all us PS3 people have to face facts, this gen is won buy Wii, 360 in second and PS3 never showed up to fight.

Personaly i believe the 360/PS3 race ended when Microsoft released thier unit a year ahead of Sony... Also, of course the Sony morons release thier unit about $400 to high (I paid some $799? on realease day).

At the end of the day Wii dominated(s) all the consoles, even though it's trash.

It will be interesting to see which console wins next gen... Can Nintendo continue dominance? Can Sony fuck up any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.