Xbox Getting Dashboard, Apps, TV on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Internet TV is a non starter in the world of bandwidth caps. Hopefully if more people start using it the ISP's will be forced to reconsider their caps and perhaps update their networks.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
The Metro UI on the new xbox 360 dashboard will be actully functional, compared to the Metro UI on Windows 8 that's anything but functional to pc desktops and latops.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Internet TV is a non starter in the world of bandwidth caps. Hopefully if more people start using it the ISP's will be forced to reconsider their caps and perhaps update their networks.[/citation]
Sucks to live in a country with bandwidth caps, thank god I am not in yours.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i liked the origional ui because it was easy to use.

you know why i like the ps3 ui?

it added things to it without ever changing the ui the way that the 360 did, what is this, the 4th overhaul?

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]The Metro UI on the new xbox 360 dashboard will be actully functional, compared to the Metro UI on Windows 8 that's anything but functional to pc desktops and latops.[/citation]
Its fantastic on the phones (even moreso after mango) but even after playing with the development build of Win8 on my dell touch tablet (which runs it perfectly) I'm still not sold on it being suitable for the desktop, even if touch screens did fall from the atmospheric prices they currently hold.
alidan - As for 'yet another dashboard update', yeah. Having gone through all of the previous ones I really can't understand why MS feel they need to update it yet again. About it being white, well you can easily get a theme pack and change it to whatever floats your boat.
BTW, I hate the PS3 UI with a passion, its so damn complicated with so many settings and options its no wonder its done so badly vs the 360 compared to how the PS2 did against the original xbox.

jussy

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Xbox 360's new features are fantastic. but I like the original interface much. Love to hear about the new one.
-http://www.2011blackfridayads.com/

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Yeah, nothing like breaking millions of consoles on a long holiday weekend when your update glitches out...

GREAT PLANNING MICROSOFT!!!

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Internet TV is a non starter in the world of bandwidth caps. Hopefully if more people start using it the ISP's will be forced to reconsider their caps and perhaps update their networks.[/citation]
Bandwidth caps huh?
Maybe on a cell phone but on regular internet service!?
My ISP gives me 12Mbps and unlimited data for $30.00

istank

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

I dont think AT&T is monitoring their caps. I down loaded all of the Star Wars, X-Men first class, Thor, Dune, All three Transformers, Both Iron Man movies, Hulk, Full Metal Jacket, both Trons, and Army of Darkness in blu ray. That's about 200 GB in two weeks. I have yet to receive any notices.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I have a cap, but its 500Gb/month and I rarely even come close, even with a lot of movie/TV downloads and lots of VoD and (500mb each) video podcast downloads.
Now I pay quite a bit for this 24mbit connection, but I've yet to bump into the caps like a lot of my US friends have.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Its fantastic on the phones (even moreso after mango) but even after playing with the development build of Win8 on my dell touch tablet (which runs it perfectly) I'm still not sold on it being suitable for the desktop, even if touch screens did fall from the atmospheric prices they currently hold.alidan - As for 'yet another dashboard update', yeah. Having gone through all of the previous ones I really can't understand why MS feel they need to update it yet again. About it being white, well you can easily get a theme pack and change it to whatever floats your boat.BTW, I hate the PS3 UI with a passion, its so damn complicated with so many settings and options its no wonder its done so badly vs the 360 compared to how the PS2 did against the original xbox.[/citation]

this is a true story. when the first or second ui change happened, i had no idea how to launch a game. well, i took one look through the whole ui yelled (expletive) ing microsoft, and got my little brother to launch the game.

see with blades, i knew, green for games, red/orange was for demos and video, blue was for videos and purple was for system configuration. and i barely played the 360 at that point, as i got most my games on the ps3 and pc, so when they switched, instead of taking 10 min to learn the menu, i had just gotten masseffect 2, and just wanted to play it right now.

i despise the way mocrosoft is going with their system, and i show it by not getting games on their system if i have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.