Xbox Hackers Steal $1,200,000 in Microsoft Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Just wait, IP's will eventually be tracked and people will become Microsoft's b!tch for the rest of their natural lives. We will hear about it very soon im sure.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Points have no value until the money is paid to Microsoft for them, Would love to see Microsoft own contracts/obsession with telling people they don't own Microsoft's products come back to bite them in the ass on this case.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I'd say there is no way Microsoft would be able to take legal action against the people running the site but the reality of it is that the US "Justice" system is made to pander to the incompetence of big companies. (Not so much in my country)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]qhoa1385[/nom]See now this is serious crime to sue, not like Playstation suing a guy for Jailbreaking a ps3...[/citation]

it also points out massive flaws in their point systems, xbox and wii, go to something where you need to put REAL money into the console like sony.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Theft of service. It's bad news for the guys when they get caught. It's probably going to be bad news for anyone who used the codes too. At least, they will get their console banned from XBL, but more than likely MS will go after them for damages too.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Points are currency.These people are going to jail. It amounts to robbery.[/citation]

From what I understand, they can not be currencies, because if they were, they would have to be transaction-able (don't remember the proper term) and they're not even close to that. They are just tokens, and virtual for that matter. They have no more weight than buying a game directly with real money. MS and others use the "point system" to make you buy and get the "left overs" from the points you never use. It's a gimmick and well, it works.

Cheers!

G

I thought Xbox was impervious to hackers and cheaters.... *chuckle*

thegamersblog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Yeah same thing with "bioware" points they make oyu but them and you always have a specified number left over... leaving you just short of buying something else or just forgetting about them. They make money every time and you are left loosing money. I wish they wouldn't allow the point systems.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
All those garbage cards on the shelves... should be fun proving you really do have the card and you weren't the one that already redeemed the code.

Microsoft hasn't actually lost anything, unless you assume that all of those generated points would have been purchased by those same people. Somehow I think that's a stretch. The potential chaos surrounding the used codes could be costly though.

fergie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
My mate had £150 worth of Fifa team stolen and Microsoft said they won't be doing anything about it or giving them credit or anything. Doubt he will be spending on a game like that again.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
So now it's Thousands? they aren't going to take any action, because it would cost them even more money then they lost to track down the person that hacked this and to find everyone that stole those codes.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Serves them right for charging for a service you can get for free elsewhere.

Think about it. You pay to use Xbox Live so that you can host a game on your OWN system, and have the option to buy more shit. You're paying to pay more... how am I the only one that realizes this?

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Serves them right for charging for a service you can get for free elsewhere.Think about it. You pay to use Xbox Live so that you can host a game on your OWN system, and have the option to buy more shit. You're paying to pay more... how am I the only one that realizes this?[/citation]

You're not. That's why my Microshaft Xbox hasn't even been booted up in over two years... Plus the simple fact that even my HTPCs look better than any of the console's... It's just the clueless 'yes-man' generation that seems to still love consoles... Same people who aren't upset about paying >$4/gal for fuel or having the government thin their fuel with ethanol making it weaker, less efficent, etc...

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]You're not. That's why my Microshaft Xbox hasn't even been booted up in over two years... Plus the simple fact that even my HTPCs look better than any of the console's... It's just the clueless 'yes-man' generation that seems to still love consoles... Same people who aren't upset about paying >$4/gal for fuel or having the government thin their fuel with ethanol making it weaker, less efficent, etc...[/citation]

Damn straight! It says "may contain 10% ethanol", but what it really means is "contains 10% ethanol". It's the legal limit for fuel additives and you can bet they'll take that as far as they can.

Back to the Xbox, I'm sure it was those same "yes-men" that thought DLC would be a good idea. Now we have options like "pre-order and get the DLC free!" That's like saying, "Pre-order and you won't have to pay twice for the full game!"

Sir, you and I are a dying breed. The tards are on parade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS