Xbox Live Games Possibly Coming to iOS & Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft following Sony's lead in bringing games to Android. iOS on the other hand is a surprise.

I wonder if Apple will make an iOS vs Android commercial a la "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC."

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]When will our (PC gamers') turn come to play Xbox games? Common MS, give us some attention too![/citation]
The are already working on implementing Xbox support to windows 8.

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Can't see myself gaming on any sort of smartphone, but i'm sure millions of kids who just got smartphone's for Christmas would love to disagree with me.

G

"So far Microsoft hasn't officially made any announcements about developing games for iOS and Android"

Are you ignoring Kinectimals which is already available on iOS here?

G

Trust problems. Microsoft needs Android and iOS to fail. No way do I want anything they've touched on my phone.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]HEXiT[/nom]well they gotta do something coz the numbers say xbox sales are stagnant/falling...[/citation]
I think you might be looking at the wrong numbers, PS3 ones perhaps.

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]HEXiT[/nom]cant handle the truth so you negs me... how sad is that...aww diddums did i upset you.... poor baby... have a sooker.http://n4g.com/news/185069/xbox-36 [...] ys-pachter b4 you take a huff and spit yer dummy, i only deal in facts... so if you cant handle the truth you best move on and grow up...[/citation]
You got to be trolling, right? This link is from a more than 3 years old news that has been qualified as rumor by the commenters.

Anyway. I hope those games will not require an high-end new generation smartphone. There could be more game on android.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
yep that link is 3 years old but it still stands... its a sad reality but pc is really the only growth market in gaming. consoles have stagnated at about 23billion (still quite an impressive number) for the last 3 years and shows no sign of increasing... and that data was released last month...
pc on the other hand has just reached 22billion and will hit if the current trend lasts 25billion by the end of this year.

so no m8 im not trolling just trying to be accurate.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
As rohitbaran said, it would be nice to see MGS publishing AAA games for windows again. But Xbox Support in windows 8 still doesn't mean anything until we get some solid details at E3.

But they've done nothing with GFW about the piracy issue, or sales to incentivize purchasing games online (versus piracy) means they need to score more exclusives. These days there are many solution MGS can draw from to encourage PC games to buy games again.. not just torrent them on a pirated copy of windows and play them.

If Microsoft can make of Win8 a secure content delivery platform as well as encourage more developers to migrate from mobile exclusives to mobile/console/windows games I think it would finally get some people off of Windows XP.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
how about an android OS on the xbox? that would be interesting. I know nothing of if this would work, but if not they could run android OS on top of the base OS

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]When will our (PC gamers') turn come to play Xbox games? Common MS, give us some attention too![/citation]
Many Xbox games already are cross-platform on the PC as well (look at Mass Effect). Microsoft still also has their (oft overlooked, unfortunately) Games for Windows Live which hooks into the Live network with your PC game, similar to the way Steam does. Bioshock 2 is an example, as well as Halo 2. If only game manufacturers supported it more. If they really wanted to, they could release two versions, one on Steam and one on Games for Windows Live. Then we could choose what PC gaming platform to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.