Xbox Live Gets an iOS App With a Sprinkle of Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
So basically Microsoft severely dumbed down their app for one of the three largest mobile OS platforms to try and sell more WP7's?

WP7 - the platform you want if you're a gamer and want to see what movie your friend is watching, but not the platform you want if you actually want to play (good) mobile games.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Who was this update hotly anticipated by? I want it off my frickin xbox, it is horrible. What were the supposed benefits of this?

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
...and not even for Android? You'd think that with all the resources that Microsoft has at their command coupled with the SKD and tools available out there for free for the Android OS they'd come out with an Android version? I get the feeling that it's because the Android OS is butchering their (albeit very good) Windows Phones out there.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
[citation][nom]tuffjuff[/nom]So basically Microsoft severely dumbed down their app for one of the three largest mobile OS platforms to try and sell more WP7's?WP7 - the platform you want if you're a gamer and want to see what movie your friend is watching, but not the platform you want if you actually want to play (good) mobile games.[/citation]

I also think that Microsoft does not want to give Apple 30% of all XBox sales performed from an Apple device.

firekraker

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
WP7 is growing and is a great phone O/S. Tuffjuff - You are wrong my friend. There are plenty of great games on WP7.

WP7 will consume all! LOL. Overall this is one of those things where you cant satisfy everyone. I for one am happy with the Companion and Xbox updates.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Maybe I am the only one who doesn't want my computer, gaming console, and phone to have an interface made for a tablet...

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]firekraker[/nom]WP7 is growing and is a great phone O/S. Tuffjuff - You are wrong my friend. There are plenty of great games on WP7. WP7 will consume all! LOL. Overall this is one of those things where you cant satisfy everyone. I for one am happy with the Companion and Xbox updates.[/citation]

Your comments don't make you sound like a flaming fanboy at all.

The only way you could be satisfied with WP7's game selection is if you'd never looked at iTunes or the Android Market. ;)

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
What's next? Xbox games on iMac and MacBook or Xbox Live Arcade games on an Apple TV?

Nothing like a common enemy to get enemies to co-operate?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Metro actually works well with the XBOX 360's dashboard. I wish you were able to still have an option to change the interface with past dashboard versions. I still think the original dashboard that came with the XBOX 360 was the best.

gavjof

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I actually like the look of the Metro interface. Everyone has their own preference and that's fine. To me the iOS and Android are WAY too similar and the icons look tacky, a bit like the way the internet was back in 2000 when everything had a drop-shadow and bevelled edge. Call Metro plain or "dumbed down" if you like but I think it is actually clean and stylish.

I'm currently using and old Symbian phone and was looking to go to Android next but I like a lot of what MS is doing these days. It's still early days but hopefully WP8 will improve again on what Mango did for WP7.

Status
Not open for further replies.