Xbox Live May Be Integrated into Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
so if i buy a game for the xbox 360 i can play it on my PC?

if true that will be cool. but otherwise i really dont like live i dont want to deal with it.

G

I like it. I can rent a movie on my pc, watch half of it, then go watch the 2nd half on a phone on a train if need be, or downstairs on the big screen. That's good.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I can see it now; you have to pay $65/year just to use your Win8 PC... At least to use the email, web browser, and applications... For free you can turn it on and look at the pretty colors... That's it. I can't wait for a good blu-ray software to hit Linux so I can tell Microshaft to take a hike.

G

God I hate when Microsoft tries to put their nose where it doesn't belong. I don't want media nonsenses. Windows already has everything they need to have. It needs to become more intuitive. More efficient. And they try to add more pointless stuff in it.

G

to otacon72. Your claims are stupid it only shows that you don't know anything.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Ahhh, the time-honored tradition of swearing, caps-locking, and text emphasis to hide the fact that a post is totally devoid of substance. Ain't life grand?Personally, I'm happy to see that Microsoft is finally trying to bring a unified media experience to the PC. Whether or not I actually use it is anyone's guess, but it will be nice to have a single option for accessing content, and something to hopefully challenge iTunes as a media center.[/citation]

i DESPISE live, and if i would be willing to take a 2 week of no posting again i would be agreeing with him with my own f bomb laden post.

live for windows blows, and i dont want it on my computer again, much less integrated into the os... this is the kind of thing that makes me want to go linux when i finally have to upgrade from xp.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Way to contribute to the article, caps lock and 20 exclamation points how old are you 12?[/citation]
no, he is @#$% off that this crap will be integrated into the os in a way where you cant remove it.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no, he is @#$% off that this crap will be integrated into the os in a way where you cant remove it.[/citation]

Yes, as I'm sure a lot of us are.
A lot of the news so far about Windows 8 has been pretty concerning..

Maybe they're just trying to make Windows 7 sell more by making Windows 8 an OS no-one will want to use?

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
It depends how this is integrated. There's a lot of negative comments in this thread but I found that with Xbox Live I spend much more time actually having fun because I'm usually grouped with friends. However, my xbox inevitibly died outside of warranty and I've now completed moved onto PC gaming. I still play with friends some of the times, and use skype to communicate via headset, but it's not the same.

If this is integraated with a cost then simply put I'll stick to skype, It would be cool to have PCL(PC live) and XBL working together, like me and my friends all playing together on a mix of consoles and PCs, although I can't see that happening due to perhaps unfair advantage and the greater risk of bringing aimbots into Xbox360 games.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Another of MS's crapware! You can do nothing with that but get xbox spam on your screen!
If XBOX games would work on Windows, now THAT would be a good marketing move!
But no, don't expect MS to actually make something that the customers like!
And when they do, they want to get rid of it as soon as possible!

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Be lucky they developer any games for the PC..lol Console games are MUCH more lucrative for game developers and much cheaper to design and code. They only have to make a game for 2-3 different hardware configurations compared to the thousands of different ones with PCs.[/citation]
How is it cheaper? You STILL have to develop the game on a computer, have to do licenses and crap, test it out on a console, have to deal with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

If you just developed it on the PC, you ignore all of that, many indie (and not so indie) developers just host their games as downloads on the PC without having to deal with much crap if at all.

Also, like others have said, unless this means I can play xbox games on my pc (can't with those HD dvd's anyways), then keep it away. Steam beats whatever Microsoft offers on the PC by a HUGE longshot.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I want to "integrate" with the pictured beauty.[/citation]Anyone notice this is a stock "hot chick with Xbox" photo? They recycle it every couple months. The only thing wrong with that is it's so lo-res.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]so if i buy a game for the xbox 360 i can play it on my PC?if true that will be cool. but otherwise i really dont like live i dont want to deal with it.[/citation]

That would actually greatly benefit Microsoft. The last 2 xbox consoles for the first 3 years of launch were sold at a loss, with Microsoft hoping to make up the lost revenue on the games. On a PC, the opposite would be true, from the money made with the installed OS.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Don't we already have a free multiplayer service for many of our games? Though, having one central social hub would be an attractive idea...just without subscription fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.